Insecure!Amethyst x Insecure!Reader

(Y/n) P.O.V

I blinked wildly at my surroundings, the moisture of my eyes keeping the coloured plastic from drying my pupils out.

The day was peaceful. The sea smell was in my face, the breeze lightly brushing against the powders on my face.

I walked along the shore, kicking at sea shells and rocks that happened to come into the path of my thick shoes.

I twirled a finger around the green plastic parts of my hair as a
sigh escaped my painted lips.

"You Kay?" A raspy voice asked.

I turned my head to find the source of the sound, only to find who it belonged to when I tilted my head down.

"Huh? Oh yeah... thanks, I'm good." I replied at the figure.

It was a girl, a couple inches shorter than me with a purple tone to her skin.

She had really long hair that trailed to the ground which was white with a tint of purple.

"You sure?" The girl asked, "you don't look ok."

I stiffened up at her words, "what do you mean exactly?" I murmured.

"Well... you kinda look really pale and... inhuman..." she frowned as I looked at her.

"Speak for yourself." I gestured to the amethyst I had suddenly noticed lodged in her chest.

"Well I ain't human... I'm a rock! Well, gem... I'm Amethyst... you?" The Amethyst girl said.

"(Y/n)." I responded quickly.

"(Y/n)." Amethyst said, processing what she just said. "Nice name..." she continued to stare at my face unintentionally being rude.

"Um, may I help you?" I asked. Amethyst shook her head and sighed.

"Sorry it's just that... you're so pretty!" She hesitated. "I wish I was you..." I suddenly felt bad for Amethyst.

"Be me?" I repeated.

"Yeah! You have cool hair, cool eyes- even your face is pretty! She complimented. "And your taller than me." She added.

"Only by a couple of inches." I pointed out. Amethyst waved a hand.

"Sorry, here comes a random stranger who says you're pretty and begins being all stupid about herself... this must make you so awkward." She apologised.

I shook my head and sat in the sand, patting a spot next to me for Amethyst to sit.

"No need to apologise- I know how you feel."

"How can a stranger like you feel what I feel?" She asked.

"Stranger? I'd think acquaintances more like no?" I asked.

"I guess..." Amethyst replied, "but how can a person like you feel doubt?"

I looked out towards the sea as I sighed, thinking about how I'd reply.

"Because what you see isn't real." I said.

"Not real?" Amethyst asked confused. I looked at her before standing up and walking to the ocean.

"Follow." I said as Amethyst crawled beside me. The water lapped against the dry sand as my hand met the ocean.

Amethyst watched as I hesitantly brought the water to my face, removing all the paint and powder that had hidden my true image.

"Ta da." I said weakly, smiling sadly. "My face is just a mask... it's not everything it's set out to be."

"Well, I still think you're pretty." Amethyst offered , "you've still got the height , the hair and the eyes anyways, who cares about that paint stuff."

"Those aren't real either." I shook my head, "my height is my platform shoes." I removed the shoes to show Amethyst, before slipping them back on. "my hair is just clip in extensions that are fake." I unclipped the accessory as I started to play with my eye.

"And my eye colour? This is just contacts, something that changes
the colour of your eye. I'm insecure Amethyst... if anything, I'm jealous of you."

Amethyst took a step back in surprise, "me?!" She asked in shock as I nodded.

"Yeah, even if you feel insecure, you don't try to hide your fears, you live up to them." There was a silence for quite some time.

The sounds from the waves crashing lightly against the sand was all that could be heard.

"I think you're pretty without all the extras." Amethyst said quietly, "even prettier."

I turned to face her and smiled lightly, kicking off my shoes and burying my feet in the sand.

"Thanks." I mumbled, "you're pretty to, you're perfect just the way you are Amethyst, And don't let anyone change that."

Then we sat there,
to random people who had met that day, in silence once more, as the sun exchanged places with the moon but I think we both knew that from then on, we were perfect, in our own little way.