The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 2)

That wasn't all (Y/n) had found in the drawer, after digging some more on the other side of the bed, she discovered a small piece of paper tied to what looked like a recorder, one of the childish plastic instruments that kids play to be cool. She blew into it lightly as a melodic tune filled her ears, reminding her more of a whistle than a recorder.

(Y/n) left almost immediately without a single word to anyone else. She left her comforting home to follow the picture she'd discovered tied to the plastic. A map. That's what it was, a map of Beach City with a mark indicating the cliff with the abandoned lighthouse.

(Y/n) never visited that area of the beach, nor did she know that around the corner was an old abandoned house. Old was definitely a way to call it but it looked fairly new to the eye. The sand was rather even, meaning that she was probably the first person to enter the area for quite some time.

(Y/n) made her way up the wooden steps, ignoring the loud and obnoxious creaking that emitted as she stepped, the girl made her way to the entrance of the house. A couple cobwebs lingered, abandoned by their owners and a fly screen with a rusty door knob was all that stood in her way. She twisted the metal, forcing a couple of times before breaking the lock that sealed it shut with ease.

The lights worked, a flick of the switch and electricity began through the room, causing (Y/n) to wonder who had paid for the backup electricity. The house seemed fairly normal, a kitchen with a lounge and a bathroom, complete with an upstairs bedroom. A family's home was the right words to describe it but the thing at the back was just something else. A door with a silver star in the middle rested, five gemstones lodges in each point, the door stood behind a giant platform.

(Y/n) stood on it, tapping it curiously with her foot before returning to the map she had. She stared, the little 'x' indicating the house she was in. But what was she there to look for? (Y/n) dug around the house, only coming across clothes and utensils to be used, the bathroom was empty too, nothing but the toilet seemed to be operational.

So (Y/n) pulled the whistle out again, searching the plastic for any small engraved details she had possibly missed the first time. Nothing. She wasn't sure about what to do and her small journey seemed to have so far become a waste.

How was this place going to save the earth from the second sun? And how did this place tie with her story and the six doodles? What was the purpose of the whistle anyway? More questions seemed to appear than be answered and that tired (Y/n) greatly.

She made her way to the crystal platform before sitting down, fiddling with the whistle and book in hand. She pocketed the book, safely placing it in a small pouch bag she had decided to bring with her, leaving her to inspect the tool she found. She twisted the piece in hand, tapping it against her knee.

She blew into it, rather softly, to the point of wondering if she even blew into it at all. But the platform she sat on did something and that something seemed to react to the sound of the whistle tool. She stood up abruptly, the small platform glowing brightly as she hopped away, a white beam of light shooting up towards the roof of the building before dimming and disappearing just as quickly as it appeared.

"Wha-" she stopped, looking between the platform and the whistle in her hand. "Did...did I cause the thing to light up?" She asked to no one in specific. She inspected the platform, blowing the whistle lightly again and watching in amusement as the space glowed.

Hesitantly, she reached out to touch the light, surprised to find that it was ok. She bit her lip, submerging her body into the weird experience, body suddenly floating up into the middle of space. "What does this do?" She called out to the void, poking her head out of the light perimeter.