Peridot x Reader (Pt 6)

"The first time it snowed in years, I almost missed it because I was so busy talking to Peridot."

"Snow?" Peridot asked.

"Yes, snow." (Y/n) confirmed, "It's like water but all cold and fluffy. It's kinda like rain except colder." She tried to explain.

"Snow..." Peridot repeated the word as it rolled off her tongue. "Is it dangerous?"

"Only if you get too cold... but it's ok cause that's why we have jackets... and since you don't get cold you should be fine." (Y/n) explained.

"What is snow made from?" Peridot asked, watching as (Y/n) tried on multiple jackets in an attempt to see which looked best with her current outfit. "(Y/n)?" she called, (Y/n) smiled as her name was used instead of the petty "Human" Peridot used to say. A week had definitely caused Peridot to grow accustomed to her, the rude attitude was still there at times but progress was progress which meant that Peridot calling (Y/n) by her actual name was definitely a big achievement.

"Uh, solidified H20" (Y/n) replied.

"I see." Peridot said. "You humans are so picky with clothing that it's almost embarrassing." Peridot said. "A stupid waste of time... if television, showering and excretion isn't enough." (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

Out of everything in her daily life, the only thing Peridot seemed to find as a suitable time consumer was interacting with her or going to work, neither of which (Y/n) looked forward to. (Y/n) had already explained how her job as an animator worked, demonstrating her skills by drawing up a relatively rushed but effective in impressing Peridot, cartoon.

Peridot seemed to spend a lot of time in (Y/n)'s work room with her afterwards, watching the "Articulated sport of lines" as she called it. Sometimes Peridot just happened to wander inside the room and would spend hours upon hours studying the art pieces she had labelled "meep morp"

(Y/n) was also rubbing off of Peridot in ways she couldn't imagine. "meep morp" and "clod" being new words to her dictionary at work, it was almost hard not to imagine the "constructive" criticism that Peridot would be spewing from her mouth. Of course "clod" was already a word in the English language but the way Peridot said it made it seem that "A lump of earth" was an insult.

(Y/n) didn't hear of anything else about Peridot's background. The "cluster" and "Homeworld" were never mentioned in any of the sentences she had spoken and the only time she mentioned them was when she asked them to never be mentioned until she was comfortable.

And then Peridot's curiosity with the Earth temporarily captured the sole reason Peridot was there on the planet in the first place. She had heard lots about the weather and seasons and was curious about 'snow' so (Y/n) figured that the best day to explain snow was on a snow day.

That happened to be today.

A bonfire was to be organised a little closer to the city but still far away to be isolated. (Y/n) had had the perfect spot in mind for them to be at, the beach would be in plain sight as well as some of the buildings of Beach City.

(Y/n) nodded in satisfaction before swinging the "moving pod" as Peridot called it, keys around her finger. "Car Peridot, it's a car." (Y/n) had to explain.

"Car, moving pod, same thing." She had responded with.

(Y/n) didn't bother to point out that no one called them "moving pods'" even though it was exactly what they were. She grasped the stump of a hand Peridot had and dragged her to the car. She never understood if the mechanical parts were part of her body like an amputee's robotic arm would be but decided against questioning it. It seemed to be the case that Peridot didn't like herself very much which (Y/n) found saddening.