Pearl x Human!Reader

(Y/n) P.O.V

Ruby and Sapphire stared at each other, obviously showing the struggle to stay apart. Steven stood in front of them proudly, counting the seconds they had been so. "5 seconds! This has to be a record of time apart on your own free will!" he cheered as the two fused back together instantly.

"Ha G, I thought you don't unfuse for reasons like games." Amethyst waved a donut around. Garnet slowly turned to look at her.

"It was a dare." She said calmly.

"Steven, you shouldn't make Garnet do things like that! What if we were surprise attacked or-"

"Then I'd know about it." Garnet said, shifting her shades. "And it doesn't take that long to fuse back, it's fine Pearl." Garnet said,
returning her attention to Steven.

"Okay I dare you... to jump off the roof!" Amethyst said, pointing at Garnet.

"Absolutely not!" Pearl said, folding her arms.

"Ugh fine, I dare Steven....to fuse with me!" Amethyst snickered, laughing at Pearl. I turned to see Pearl frown and sigh as the two stood up.

"Oh! I'd love to see you guys fuse, I don't think I've ever seen you two fuse before!" I cheered.

"Alright Steven!" Amethyst grinned as the two grasped hands. A spark filled the room, disabling me from seeing anything after that. I could feel Pearl tense up beside me, her hand finding its way to mine relatively quickly.

"Pearl?" I asked uncertainly. She was cut off from answering by another person grabbing both my hands and spinning me around, tearing mine away from Pearl's. My eyes met with cheerful ones.

"Heyya! How ya doing?! I'm Smokey Quartz!" She said, letting my hands drop to my sides.

"Smokey Quartz?" I asked.

"Well, I'm half Amethyst and half Rose Quartz...what else makes a Smokey Quartz better than them?" Smokey grinned.

My eyes widened in delight. "That is...absolutely incredible!" I giggled as Smokey demonstrated her use of weapon. A yoyo, pretty much expected from Amethyst and Steven. She used a third arm that connected at the elbow of her left side to pat me on the back. I laughed as Pearl growled in a very abnormal way.

"Pearl?" I mumbled, turning around slightly to see her fuming. She grabbed my hand and roughly pulled me out of the house. "See you guys...in a bit?" I questioned, hurrying my pace to keep up with her.

We descended the stairs quickly before Pearl released her grip, shamefully rubbing the back of her neck and sheepishly walking towards the ocean. I watched her as she sat on the sand, knees to her chest.

I slowly walked towards her, curious as to what triggered her. I sat beside her quietly, placing my hand on top of hers. "Are you ok?" I asked quietly, watching for any signs of movement. She stiffened before removing her hand from mine.

"I...I'm sorry I dragged you out of there like that." She apologised, turning her head away and rubbing her arm. "I just... when Steven began to fuse with Connie... I was hoping to be the first gem he fused with... I haven't been Rainbow Quartz in years, the last time was in front of Greg with Rose and now... well...you know." She looked out towards the ocean, eyes blank.

"Pearl-"

"And I know, I'm talking about Rose... I probably shouldn't seeing as I'm with you now but...ugh... I wish we could fuse." She quickly entwined our fingers together, squeezing my hand lightly.

"I wish we could too." I said quietly, "Fusion is the ultimate connection between gems... it reflects that the gems fusing put trust in one another, they have the ultimate connection." I said sadly. "I wish I wasn't human, I wish I was a gem that way-"