The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 3)

"A Peridot." (Y/n) repeated, watching as Pearl lowered her hands. A giant pink sword arose from the smooth water surface of the fountain and flew into her hands.

"Yes, a Peridot." Pearl concluded, handing the weapon to the girl. "This was once Rose Quartz's sword, it won our greatest battles and was afterwards passed onto your grandmother, unfortunately it was returned to me before we disbanded since Connie worried your mother wouldn't have been capable of using it."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as she took hold of the weapon, slipping the strap that the scabbard was stuck to around her waist. "It's yours now, since you rightfully inherit it from your grandmother... I have no idea why she didn't just keep it but, it's here now." Pearl hesitantly bit her lip. "You look just like her."

(Y/n) rubbed the back of her neck, beginning to make her way across the small floating islands. "Thanks?" She asked, jumping slowly.

"Wait a second." Pearl called, gracefully leaping from one point to another, grasping hold of (Y/n)'s hand. "It's much safer this way." She jumped into the air, pulling (Y/n) along as she practically flew to the main land they were headed, slowly decreasing in fall as they touched the ground lightly. (Y/n) gasped.

"That...was rather effective." She noted, following Pearl down the path she had earlier ascended.

"Well yes, that was logically the quickest route." Nothing more was said after that, they walked in a somewhat semi-awkward silence as (Y/n) began to burn with questions.

"How did you survive in isolation for so long?" Pearl laughed.

"Gems don't need company to survive, nor food or water, we get our energy from our gems and if we are hurt it doesn't matter as much since we are manifestations of light with mass." (Y/n) didn't why she hadn't thought of that before but it made sense, somewhat.

"I see..." (Y/n) began, "And so what did you do?"

"Well I trained... of course I lost practise and technique but I'm sure others could say otherwise, I've been told that I like to over exaggerate and that I've got quite the OCD, but that's what to expect from a pearl I suppose."

"There are more than one kinds of a gem?"

"Well yes, but I'm the only one to have stopped being a servant." (Y/n) nodded as they continued to walk, the little rocks causing (Y/n) to stumbled ever so slightly occasionally until they reached the bottom where the warp pad laid.

The two stepped onto it, (Y/n) tucking her limbs to her side. "Good idea, it's very cold and unsuitable for humans to be sticking body parts out of the light." Pearl nodded.

"Yes, I learned that myself actually..." she began to pull the warp whistle out.

"Oh we don't need that, only humans do but since you have me..." the warp pad immediately lit up and sucked the two into the airy void. (Y/n) felt her feet lift the ground for but a second. The travel time seemed to be faster as well, probably since it didn't have to be so vague.

And they both landed, feet on the platform and light disappearing to show the beautiful country scenery and lots of overgrown crops. (Y/n) took a breath of the fresh country air. "Someone's been busy." She said, beginning to wade through the overgrown plants. Pearl sighed and pulled (Y/n) back.

"Oh honestly, we won't get anywhere near the barn at this rate." Impatient was one way to describe Pearl, summoning her spear and aiming it at the ground. "Stand back." She warned, a white spark produced at the tip of the curved blade as it shot through the field, destroying the plants and creating a dusty path.

(Y/n) astonishingly looked at Pearl, "Well...that's one way to do it." They began their journey, walking and pushing stubborn plants aside as buzzing sounds filled the air. It was as if the burst of energy had triggered the sounds which only seemed to be growing louder as they grew closer to the barn, in view at the end of the path lines with crops.