Peridot x Reader (Pt 4)

"The first time she spent the night at my house, she set the swimming pool on fire."

(Y/n) exited the bathroom after a long, deep thinking session in the shower. She had changed into her pyjamas and braced herself for the awaiting outburst of the Gem in her home, it was something she contemplated in the shower, whether to kick the alien out of the house the first thing in the morning or let her stay, like she had offered.

She had decided the later of the two, trying to imagine the possible feelings she would be feeling if she were Peridot at that moment. Of course she wouldn't be a snobby, rude person but she'd feel uncomfortable all the same.

She silently exited the bathroom, after brushing her teeth of course, and made her way to the living room. Peridot was busy on her screen, occupying herself. (Y/n) frowned. "I'm going to bed Peridot...I'm not hungry for dinner but are you?" She asked politely, not wanting to interrupt whatever it was that Peridot was doing.

"Gems don't need to eat." Was all Peridot said, leaving (Y/n) to shrug.

"If you say so...I'm heading off to bed, want me to grab you some pillows and a blanket so you don't get cold?" she offered.

"Gems don't get cold...or hot, we adapt and modify our body temperatures to fit the circumstances we are faced with." She said monotonously. (Y/n) sighed.

"Fine, I'm turning out the lights, when will you go sleep?" she asked. Peridot paused and looked up from her screen.

"Gems don't sleep, we don't need to and choosing to do so is a waste of time."

"Okay, fine. You Gems do nothing." (Y/n) gave up, "I'm going to bed, see you when it's daylight." She stormed out of the room and with one last glance over her shoulder, entered her sleeping quarters, shutting the door and diving under her comfortable covers. She tucked the blanket up under her chin before rolling over into a fetal position before staring out into the pitch black.

What have I gotten myself into? (Y/n) wondered before closing her eyes and allowing herself to slip away to an unconscious dream land.

It was rather peaceful, a nice summer day at the beach. Dream-Peridot had refused to get wet due to her technological equipment and for some reason, she wasn't as cold and heartless as she usually was. Dream-(Y/n) smiled at the unrealistic, friendly Dream-Peridot who by now was busy collecting sea shells with her for the giant sand castle Dream-Peridot had decided to create.

"I've prepared several blueprints for this sandcastle, it shall be the best in the multiverse!" she had declared, causing Dream-(Y/n) to smile lightly. The screen her floating digits had created portrayed the blueprints before returning to their stump.

"It's so unlike you to be nice...well, in the time I've known you that is." Dream-(Y/n) said.

"Well, this is a dream." Dream-Peridot pointed out.

"Way to break the fourth wall." She replied. They continued to create their sandcastle, the wind blowing slightly as the ocean lapped up against the sand. Seagulls occasionally flew around in the sky irking Dream-Peridot in a way that made Dream-(Y/n) smile.

"I like it when you're nice." She said. Dream-Peridot looked at her.

"Then why don't you show the real Peridot how to be nice?" She suggested as if it were obvious. Dream-(Y/n) shook her head.

"You're just a subconscious thought that the back of my mind decided to bring out." She said. Dream-Peridot shrugged.

"If that is the case, then does that mean you believe you can change her? I am after all, the thoughts at the back of your mind."