Crystal Gems x Reader

(Y/n) P.O.V

I sat at the couch underneath Steven's bed, teaching Garnet the art of paper folding while Amethyst ate half of the origami pieces I had made.

"Where did you learn this crafty art (y/n)?" Pearl asked me, setting down a teapot and sitting beside Garnet, watching us fold the papers we held.

"Oh at school, it's really fun... I like making ninja stars." I explained, holding up the stacks of ninja stars Garnet and I had made.

Steven picked one up and examined it. "These are super cool! What else do you do at school?" He asked me.

"Steven, we already talked about this remember? You just learn things." Pearl said.

"But what kind of things?" Steven inquired, "Connie told me it's all boring."

I set the ninja star I had made and watched as Amethyst ate it. "Man these are good!" She grinned as she walked to the fridge, "a bit to light though, lets see what we have in here."

I turned to Steven and raised a brow, "Well it kind of is... you have 8 subjects that get taught over the course of a day then it repeats the next day and the next day and then a week, a month, a year and then forever I guess... until you finish school after 12 years. But then you can go to another kind of school to learn about something you want to be like a doctor then you learn how to be a doctor." I explained.

Steven turned his attention towards Pearl. "Pearl, can I go to school?" He asked. Pearl looked flabbergasted at Steven before turning to Garnet for an answer. She set down the paper ninja star she held and shrugged her shoulders.

"If Steven wants to go then we shouldn't hold him back but I say let him test this new environment out first, give him one schooling term." She returned to folding more paper stars to finish her collection, the mountain stacking higher and higher.

"You mean it? Really?! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Steven jumped up and down as Amethyst returned with a bagel.

"We won't have to be involved in this right? I mean... we don't have to go to school with him?" Amethyst asked.

"No, Steven goes there then comes back home after, you don't need to worry about him at all." I replied.

"Thank gosh." Amethyst said as Pearl frowned.

"I don't know... it might not be safe for Steven to go to such a place..." I rolled my eyes at the over protective gem.

"If it helps, you can request for Steven to be in the same class as me, that way we can stick together during the day." I offered before Pearl's face eased.

"I guess so..." pearl reconsidered.

"Oh but one more thing." I said. "PTA meetings are coming up." I said.

"PT what?" Amethyst asked.

"PTA, parent teacher association. It's where the caretakers and teacher meet up and talk about the child's progress." I explained.

"Um, there won't be... eating in this by any chance?" Pearl worried.

"Oh it's not a dinner date Pearl- just talking." A sigh of relief escaped her mouth.

"But we can bring food to this meeting, right?" Amethyst called.

"I guess? I'm not so sure, only my parents go to these things." I said, scratching my head.

"Well either way, what matters is that Steven is happy, and if he wants to go to school, then he can. He starts first thing next week." Garnet said.

Steven looked at me in excitement. "You hear that? I'm going to your school!" He cheered.

The moment he walked through the school gates, the questions wouldn't end. "Why do I have to wear these clothes?" "Why are there bells?" "Why do we have school bags?" "Why do we have to sit still for so long?"

Why, why, why. That's all that escaped his mouth. It was funny at times because many other classmates would answer his questions in absolute confusion, wondering if he even knew the word "school."

Break times were entertaining in their own ways, story after story about his adventures with the gems. Although no one believed him until he showed them his gem and shield.

History lessons soon were entertaining to. Steven would scrunch up his face in confusion when a fact was told and used the excuse "Pearl said it was different." to prove a point.

The teacher even tried to challenge Steven by asking if Pearl was even alive during the period of cavemen but of course Steven had no idea the teach was sarcastic and explained she was over a thousand years old and from another planet like his mom.

And eventually when it was Garnet's turn to pull him out of class for a mission, the class went dead silent.

They never took Amethyst seriously and Pearl was rather fast for them to catch a proper glimpse at her.

But Garnet- they all went quiet around Garnet. It was some invisible force she had that caused a spell of silence in the classroom.

It was funny to see some of the tougher kids all mesmerised by Garnet but in all honesty, the teachers and principal must have been the ones who got annoyed the most, having to stop and drop everything to sign Steven out or disrupt their own work.

Eventually the parent teacher meetings came around and I will be honest. It was quite amusing.

Firstly I attended because I was directing the Crystal Gems around the place and secondly, I was the one who explained that Steven's father had not decided to marry three women because he couldn't choose one but that the group of crystal gems were his father's wife's friends.

It got lots of weird looks, especially when the teacher asked how many "mothers" were not present... and so I had to explain that Connie's mom was a mom to him in a way, Steven had called his dad a "dad mom" and that he himself was practically his mom...

I don't know for sure but I think the teacher puked in her mouth.

Amethyst was more of eating than talking while Garnet sat quietly and Pearl... well she tried to act motherly- more of a bird that went insane after the teacher offered her a cookie but uh... the broken window was payed off... as soon as Garnet jumped out the second window to retrieve a crazy Pearl... Amethyst picked her nose and continued to eat throughout this whole fiasco.

And although Steven said he enjoyed his time at school- he wanted to stop because, kinda obvious- he had to help the gems save the world.

But all in all, I think Steven made school that little bit more interesting.