The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 4)

Peridot lifted her body lightly from (Y/n)'d hold.

"A-are we gonna get Lapis now?" She trembled. Pearl nodded.

"Yes, we all ready?" Peridot blinked slowly, nodding carefully.

"Y-yeah...let's get Lazuli." She smiled lightly. (Y/n) raised a brow.

"Lazuli?"

"Well yes, that's her full gem name, Lapis Lazuli." Pearl noted.

"I see." (Y/n) responded, eyeing Peridot in her arms, "You gonna get down or do you still need me to carry you?" Peridot blushed before wiping her tear stained face.

"C-can I stay here? I like being this tall, it reminds me of when Lapis and I would fly together." (Y/n) laughed lightly before nodding.

"Sure thing Peri- I can call you that right?" (Y/n) felt the smaller gem's head nod for an answer before returning to find comfort in (Y/n)'s hold.

"Right, well let's go, the area of the ocean we are going to may have land but I doubt that Lapis would be there." Pearl said in thought.

"Wait, we're going to have to SWIM?!" (Y/n) asked in disbelief, following Pearl as she lead the way to the warp pad, passing the tall plants they had partially destroyed on their entrance.

"Well ideally Peridot and I will go, Lapis could be at the bottom and humans need air to breathe..." she trailed off in thought, "Unless you have a wetsuit and aluminium tank." (Y/n) shook her head.

"I don't...that's an air tank right?"

"Correct, since humans need oxygen to breathe, you would need to take an aluminium tank with you and the wetsuit to withstand cold, high water pressure." Peridot said matter-of-factly, head peaking up for a second.

"Well I don't have those, they cost money- besides, what if Lapis is just...I dunno, next to the ocean on a beach or something?"

"That's just something we are gonna have to hope happens." Pearl said, arms by her side as she waited for (Y/n) to position herself on the warp pad. The light surrounded the three and disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared, revealing the prettiest tropical island (Y/n) had ever seen, small straw houses and abandoned crops littered the area.

"Did...Lapis make these?" (Y/n) eyed an abandoned patch of watermelons.

"No...I think they are the remains of the Watermelon Steven army, a majority survived the earth quakes of the cluster, a giant geo weapon that's been sorted out long ago but I guess they died out...those watermelons must be the non-magic ones..." Pearl noted the small patch of spherical shaped fruits.

"Watermelon Stevens?" (Y/n) questioned.

"Yeah! They looked like Steven and were his army... Steven obviously made them given the tittle- he is able to create sentient plant life! He made us a pumpkin!" Peridot informed.

"Oh yes! That pumpkin pet really was something...what happened to her?"

"She was a pumpkin- organic foods do not last forever." Peridot deadpanned as (Y/n) tried not to imagine the sight of a rotting living pumpkin pet.

"Of course." Pearl nodded, pushing aside a few bushes to allow (Y/n) through, wobbling slightly as she tried to balance herself with Peridot in her arms.

"What is this place by the way?" (Y/n) asked.

"Masked Island." Pearl replied shortly, effortlessly knocking a tree down to create a clearing. The three made their way to the beach, the water lapping against the sand calmly. After a minute or so of inspecting the area, (Y/n) decided to speak up.