Peridot x Reader (Pt 7)

"The first time I celebrated my birthday away from home, she celebrated it with me"

If Peridot had needed sleep, she probably would have missed one of the most interesting of moods (Y/n) had ever displayed before her. If it was anything, (Y/n) was more cheerful and hyper than on her good days after waking up on the right side of the bed and her toxic emotions only seemed to spread throughout the home.

"Dopamine" Peridot had concluded, "One can only reason that she's been given an over dose of dopamine."

(Y/n) shrugged her shoulder slightly while listening to Peridot's report, usual behaviour that was to be expected. "I'm not a test subject, I'm your friend so stop with the conclusions. And my brain is allowed to have as much dopamine as it wants today because it's going to be a special one for the next 24 hours!"

Peridot glanced at her friend who made her way to the kitchen to fix up a breakfast, 'the first meal of the day' according to her continuous research. She frowned in confusion as she placed herself to sit on the couch, twisting her head slightly to gain a better view at (Y/n).

"And what, if I have the permission to ask, makes this earth rotation different compared to the other 364 earth rotations?" She eyed the human opening the freezer to pull out a blue plastic tub of some sort, a spoon in the girl's hand. "Have you experienced another break up with a human I am unaware about and now you're intoxicated?" Peridot shuddered at the memories of the previous adventure she had experienced when (Y/n) was intoxicated, she knew for certain that she didn't want a repeat of what happened. (Y/n) laughing lightly.

"What? No! I'm eating ice cream because I wanna!" she seated herself beside the green gem before ripping the plastic lid off of the container.

"But why is your usual schedule different?" Peridot questioned as (Y/n) began eating the cold treat quickly.

"Oh! That's right! I never told you, I feel so silly! It's my birthday!" (Y/n) smiled, scooping out more of the sweat ice cream before placing it in her mouth.

"Birthday? On the (date) of every (month), does that signify another year passing after your birth?" Peridot inquired.

"Yup!" (Y/n) responded, offering Peridot the tub of ice cream, "Want some?" Peridot looked in disgust at the cold item before shaking her head and pushing the ice cream back towards (Y/n) with her small floating digits.

"I'm satisfied without it, thank you." She said, watching as (Y/n) shrugged and placed the lid back in place.

"If you say so." She shrugged, "That means more for me later!" she stood up slowly, walking quickly towards the kitchen once more to place her ice cream back inside the freezer to stay cool. The spoon she had used was carelessly tossed inside the sink as she quickly washed and wiped her hands dry on her clothes. She returned to Peridot, who was busying herself with the idea of celebrating the day a human fell into existence.

The concept was strange and unnatural, nothing like this was familiar. Why would you want to count the years you aged? Peridot couldn't quite figure out what the whole point of celebrating a full year of survival was but decided to go along with it because it apparently was something humans do and something they considered normal.

In fact, many things didn't seem normal for her, only two days ago her acquaintanceship transformed into what she never had, a friendship. It was interesting to Peridot, a gem whom had never had a friend before, it was intriguing, to befriend a human. Her first friend, someone of a species she once thought of as low and insignificant. If someone had told her that in the past, she would have laughed and reported them to her Diamond for an illogical waste of her non existing time, making it certain that they ended up shattered or at least poofed, but now that the opportunity had finally arisen, the idea of being friends wasn't all that bad.