Peridot x Reader

(Y/n) P.O.V

"The Earth was quite a waste of space in the Diamonds's opinions, that's why this whole thing started." Peridot explained.

"Diamonds? They are your leaders- right?" I asked cautiously.

"Formerly yes. Pink, Blue, White and Yellow Diamond. Each had their own ways of grace and dealt with situations differently. Blue diamond was the strategic, thinking about the next moves and how they would effect everyone.

She cares about the success of all gem kind.

White diamond was not one for quarrels. She tended to her own court and planets she had control over - she was a secluded gem who was very private.

Yellow diamond- my diamond wasn't one for privacy or tactics she was the one who fought head on, leading her Gems to victory!

Every single gem under the laws of yellow diamond were made to be prepared, be war- ready, even if it was not their purpose.

Enhancements were given whether it was technological or a complete redo- the court of the yellow diamond was ready to fight. "

I looked at Peridot who played with her hands that rested in her lap. "And what about Pink Diamond? " I questioned curiously, eyeing the stone we were sitting before.

"She was completely different, new and inexperienced- Earth was supposedly her first planet for colonisation but it never happened.

A rebellion was formed and destroyed all plans. She was shattered and for once, the blue diamond's court couldn't foresee. Fate was changed and they were not prepared.

Yellow diamond's army was taken down quickly too as the rebellion grew- Rose Quartz as their leader.

White diamond finally resurfaced from her isolation but it was to late.

And then the three remaining diamonds attempted in destroying all life on this planet- their own armies or rebellion, they were destroyed to splinters, all apart from their leader who saved only a handful from the blow.

Rose Quartz, Pearl, Ruby and Sapphire were what remained of the once great rebellion.

Amethyst popped up soon after and then the first few humans."

"Where were you during all of this?" I questioned her.

"Still on homeworld. No one expected gems to be on the planet still so Yellow diamond organised for the shards of defeated gems to be turned into a secret weapon, I was to report and check in on the cluster with a Jasper accompanying me.

However plans changed. By the time we arrived, Rose Quartz was gone and instead stood her son, Steven Quartz Universe- a hybrid of human and gem.

The plans failed and we reported immediately that gems still inhabited the planet.

I was captured and eventually learned about the crystal gems and the Earth and found myself destroying the cluster to protect the planet I was on. I made friends with a lapis and resigned my duties to yellow diamond." Peridot went silent, choking back tears as she traced a finger over the stone in front of her.

"It wasn't for years that anything happened- we picked off all the corrupted gems from the war as homeworld plotted. Jasper had been corrupted by then and... and..." Peridot stopped as she burst into tears.

I sat and waited for her to calm down, rubbing her back in a caring manner. "Then it was gone. We weren't prepared at all. They attacked us and then it was over, by then, the diamonds only wanted to punish us for betrayal which came at the price of death. They no longer cared for Earth, it was just revenge.

All they wanted was Steven, but the crystal gems and I gave ourselves up for him."

My eyes widened as I turned to read the grave in front of me. It was cold and grey with the letters carved in fancy fonts.

The soil in front of it was fresh and healthy, allowing for some daisies to grow.

"They were shattered." Peridot finally revealed. "And I had no idea on what to do... so I ran with Steven. We fought the best we could but lost. Steven was killed in a single blow and the diamonds left me to feel miserable about my loneliness."

My eyes has began to water as I hugged Peridot tightly, the two of us crying beside Steven's grave.

The only sound was horrible sobs and coughing fits. We cried and cried for all the fallen and the deaths. Yet it did nothing.

Peridot clumsily wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, sniffling as she stared at me hopefully.

"And then you came. A human, a wondrous human who now knows about the crystal war... and wether you tell anyone or not it's up to you... but just know, the fact that you listened to me ramble really makes a difference to me- I'm glad
I met you those years ago, I would hate to have to think about me shattering myself and never telling anyone about this historical moment..."

Peridot looked at me as she held my hand in between her two green ones.

"I'm glad I met you Peridot." I admitted. "You're the best person I've ever known and the bestest friend ever- I love you Peridot." I said before giving her a hug.

"A sense of nostalgia has just occurred." Peridot smiled, "Steven said that to me once while destroying the cluster... he told me it was a token of gratitude." She explained.

I looked at the gravestone, "I wished I could have met him. He must have been one special gem..." I concluded. "Just like you are Peri."

Peridot turned to look at me before smiling lightly.

"Wow... thanks."