Pearl x Superstitious!Reader

(Y/n) P.O.V

I spun around in a circle, my eyes tightly shut and my fingers gripping the stick I had carefully chosen for the task at hand.

With my sight pitch black, I followed the stick, letting it guide me through Beach City- a city to which I had come across in my dreams.

I was on a mission, crazy perhaps but in my heart, it was true.

I was going to find my true love. My fortune had been told by an oracle, pronouncing that I'd find my lover close by sea.

Literally or metaphorically, I had no clue. The name I knew but the face? No idea.

Pearl. That's what the ouija board told me years ago, her name was Pearl and she was a jewel from the sea.

My dreams could only imagine what she might look like, I always imagined a fancy goddess of a sort in a white dress, flailing around in the wind.

Pearl was a strange name. No last name nor was it a nickname. Her name was just Pearl. And for my life, I've been trying so desperately to find her.

The stick dragged me across a sandy floor and straight to the shoreline.

And then the possessive feeling left me. I opened my eyes to see I was on the coastline of Beach City, I could see fun land near by along with the citizens of the small town walking along it.

I threw the stick I held into the sea, watching it be carried out to the open ocean.

I took in my surroundings before being disturbed by a small boy. He waved a small hand at me before smiling brightly.

"Hi I'm Steven!" He cheered, waiting patiently for me to return an answer.

"Hi Steven... I'm (y/n)." I introduced myself.

"Well (y/n), today's your lucky day!" He proclaims. I bent down to his height and placed my hands on my hips.

"Really? And why's that?" I asked curiously.

"Because you're the first person I've spoken to today and everyone loves talking with Steven!" He giggled.

I raised a brow but didn't question the strange behaviour. "Well I'm honoured." I played along, "but I should really get back to soul searching."

Steven gasped in delight, "is that where you look for the souls of people who have lost theirs?" He asked.

"Um no..." I replied, "it's where you search for your soul mate." Steven created an "o" shape with his mouth and a match sound to go along with it.

"Well, have you got a name? I know everybody here! We are one of those communities where everyone knows everybody." Steven offered.

"Thanks Steven but this is a solo job- I think I'd feel proud if I found this girl on my own." I explained. Steven nodded in understanding before digging around in his pocket.

"I understand- but if you want, tonight we are having a Bon fire here to celebrate the mayor's birthday. Everyone will be here so if would be a great chance to find the mystery woman." He handed me a crumpled piece of paper that had all the information about the party.

I smiled at Steven's thoughtfulness. "I guess I'll attend... thanks so much Steven!" I smiled.

"No problem!" He waved as he began to head to the Fun Land.

The night quickly passed by, my afternoon being filled with searching for what I called "destiny sticks" - sticks that have positive energy and can lead me closer to the mystery woman.

I had forgotten the party was even on and only remembered when I found the destiny stick had lead me to the location.

I threw the stick aside and watched as it landed next to a pair of salmon flip flops.

I smiled when I recognised who owned the shoes. I walked towards them and tapped their shoulder, smiling brightly once they turned around.

"(Y/n)! Oh great you're here!" Steven cheered.

"Yeah, a powerful energy lead me here- great to see you." I smiled as I took note of three women with Steven.

"Oh Hi!" I smiled politely as they waved in response.

"Oh guys! This is (y/n)- I met her this morning near fun land and she was soul searching!" Steven directed his attention to me, "did you find the mystery woman?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "nope... I'll find her soon though... I know it."

The shorter of the three women spoke up, her voice raspy and cheeky, "yo what exactly is soul searching?" She looked at me.

"Well, it's where one finds their soulmate." I explained. "You see, as a child, an ouija board told me my lover's name and that I'd meet her. Every time I went to an oracle, they would proclaim that my lover would be a "jewel of the ocean" and my dreams have told me to come here to Beach City."

Steven jumped up and down. "What's her name? We don't have to help if you don't want too but we could tell you if she actually is in Beach City." He offered.

I took into consideration the offer proclaimed before shrugging. "Ok... but this name is a rather odd one... for starters there isn't a surname or anything, and it's not a nickname!"

"Well that's hardly anything to go off with but I'm sure we will know if we've heard of whoever you're talking about." The tall pale woman said.

"Ok well... might as well give it a shot." I said. "I'm after a mysterious woman called Pearl."

They didn't make a sound after I had revealed the name. They just exchanged looks with each other in silence, from the looks they were giving, they obviously knew a "Pearl".

"Did you just say... Pearl?" The tallest of them asked, adjusting the shades on her face.

"Yes. Pearl- by the looks of your faces you know her?" I asked.

"Well yeah we do!" The short girl said.

"So she's definitely here? Here in Beach City?" I asked excitedly, my heart beating faster.

"Oh yep definitely." Steven confirmed.

"Ok don't tell me... I need to find her myself. I said quickly, turning my body to dive into the crowd of other random bodies to find my Pearl.

"Well you've already found her." A voice called. I stopped instantly and turned around to see the pale woman smile sheepishly.

Soundlessly, she raised a hand out for me to shake which I accepted slightly confused.

"It's nice to meet you (y/n)- I'm Pearl."

My eyes widened as she said this, surprise was all I could feel. "What!!? You- you can't be serious!" I exclaimed as Steven jumped up.

"Yep! That's Pearl, that's Garnet and that Amethyst!" Steven pointed to the other women as I gazed at Pearl.

"We'll leave you to talk." Garnet said, ushering Amethyst and Steven away. Once they were out of sight, my attention returned to Pearl.

"So..." she said awkwardly.

"So." I repeated after her. "I'm so happy to meet you... you have no idea how happy I am." I said.

"I can only imagine..." she smiled sweetly. My cheeks burned red as I scratched the back of my neck.

"Pearl?" I finally asked her. She patiently smiled and nodded.

"Yes?" She asks me. Her voice was so beautiful.

"I know this may sound strange but... do you believe in destiny?" She looked at me strangely before
smiling.

"I remember someone singing about destiny to my friend Rose...
But do I believe in destiny?" She questioned herself. "I do now." She held my hand gently while smiling. "I think I'd like to get to know you better." She said.

I nodded in agreement. "I would love to also." So we talked like two normal people, a bit away from the party we were once at, enjoying the presence of nothing but each other.