The Chase (5)

A high pitch scream echoed around the forest as Anna's hiding spot was discovered. The spider had found her and currently was trying to get to her, but wasn't succeeding as it couldn't get through the small gap separating them. The spider repeatedly slammed into the logs, sending pieces of wood flying everywhere and sending cracks through the whole thing. It probably won't last much longer under the pressure.

"ICE DRAGONS ROAR!" I yelled as I shot a beam of ice at the spider. It let out a screech of pain before scampering over to me.

"That's what you get for not wrapping up my head!" I laughed.

'Run' I mouthed to Anna while I was taking up the attention of the spider, so she ran as fast as her little legs could take her.

"You're lucky I was holding back in case I injured her," I hissed as the soft blue light started shining through gaps in the web I was wrapped with.

"ICE DRAGON'S FREEZING GLACIER!" I yelled as the webs started to freeze before breaking apart.

The spider backed away from the sudden drop in temperature, and every step I took caused the ground to freeze and crack under me.

"Leave and never come back," I hissed as I shot an ice beam right next to the spider in an attempt to scare it.

The spider screeched in fear and scampered into the forest, hopefully never to be seen again.

"Hello?" I called out as I walked into the spider's den. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish Natsu was here... I can't see a damn thing," I muttered as I looked around the den.

"Mmmpppffff," I heard a muffled groan coming from deeper in the den.

I knelt on the floor, feeling around on the floor, looking for some rocks. I found two sharp rocks and a small log. I ripped off a piece of my shirt and wrapped it around the log before attempting to light it with the rocks. I knocked them together a few times and created a few sparks which were caught onto my make-shift torch, creating a small fire which was enough for me to see around.

"MMMMPPPFFF!" Someone screamed as I shone my torch in that direction.

There were at least 20 people tied up in a massive web, mostly women and children.

Some were clearly here longer than others, they were covered in dirt, webs and looked practically starved. Their mouths were covered by a thick layer of cobwebs, presumably to stop them from screaming.

Their eyes were locked on me, pleading to be freed from their prison.

"Okay, everyone stay calm, I'm going to get you out," I calmly explained.

I broke off a small shard of ice from the large mountains of ice left from my battle. I walked over to the web and started cutting through the sticky webs, one by one, everyone was slowly freed and able to head back to their family.

I walked back to the village through the forest and I could hear the yelling and crying of the families when their loved ones returned from the forest. I looked at my body to see all of the cuts and bruises that littered my skin.

Honestly, I looked horrible.

I reached the village to see everyone hugging and crying. I smiled and looked around at the scene in front of me. I then noticed a small brown haired girl sitting in a corner crying...

Anna.

"Hey, what's got you down in the dumps?" I asked as I squatted so I was at her level.

"My...Mummy, isn't ...Back.." She choked out between sobs.