Hushed Whispers (40)

"I'M SO SICK OF YOU, DRAGNEEL!" I yelled as I barged into the guild, throwing my backpack across the room and ignoring the boy behind me.

"It's was ONE time, Y/N!" He argues as he walked in close behind me, throwing his bag too.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!! YOU STILL DID IT!" I spun around to yell at his face, holding a hand to my chest in pain.

"They're back," Mira sighed as she walked over to pick up our bags. "What's up with them, it seems serious?" Mira whispered to Happy as she passed the exceed.

"Oh, I'm not too sure. All I know is that they're really mad." Happy shrugged his shoulders, pulling a fish out of his bag to munch on as he watched the show in front of him.

"HOW CAN I TRUST YOU AGAIN?!" I yelled as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Oh my god, did he cheat on her?" Lucy whispered as she watched the scene unfold.

"I doubt it. Natsu isn't like that, but who knows," Levy whispered back as she watched intently.

"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE LISTENING!!" Natsu yelled back.

"I feel like a need to shower, to wash off this... betrayal," I spat as I rubbed my skin, I felt dirty. Like there was a layer of muck on my skin that I couldn't see, but I could definitely feel.

"ALL I DID WAS ORDER HALF OF THE PIZZA WITH PINEAPPLE ON IT!!" Natsu finally said, causing the guild to let out a sigh they were holding. (A/N I can practically see the war in the comment section already)

"Well, That was completely and utterly, disappointing," Lucy sighed as she turned away from the scene, flipping open her book to continue from where she left off.

I clapped my hands and suddenly pointed an accusing finger at Lucy. "That reminds me, you and I need to have a serious talk, missy." I glared at her as I placed a hand on my waist as leant a little on my side.

"Me?" Lucy said in shock.

"Yes, you!" I grabbed my bag off Mira and pulled out a pair of exceed sized headphones. "WHY WOULD YOU GIVE THESE TO HAPPY?!" Lucy and I bickered as she tried to explain how she was really doing Natsu and I a favour. Which I don't really understand, cause my -as she put it- 'private time' has nothing to do with her whatsoever

I suddenly thought I heard a quiet whisper of my name, turning my head to see Natsu and Gray sitting by the bar, talking with Mira in a hushed whisper. I may have good hearing (thanks to being a dragonslayer), but I could only make out a few words.

"No... wasn't right time... will eventually," Natsu whispered to the people next to him. My heart twisted when I heard his tone, whatever he was talking about it was really troubling him. I wanted nothing more than to go over a hug him, to tell him whatever that was going on would be okay.

"It's okay... she'll say... I'm sure of that." Who is this 'she', are they talking about me? No, they couldn't be, Natsu and I don't keep secrets, if he was worried about me saying or doing something, he'd tell me.

I felt a twinge of jealousy snap through me as I looked over at Lucy again, her gaze following mine and looking at Natsu who was deep in conversation. Mine, only mine. I thought without even realizing it. My eyes widened as I realized what I was thinking, Lucy was my friend, she wasn't interested in Natsu and even if she was. She'd never do that to me, she's too kind and caring for that.

"Do you... still... it?" Mira asked Natsu as she leant closer. It's getting harder and harder to work out what you're talking about, but I assume she's asking him if he still has something.

"Yes." Natsu tapped his left pocket, drawing my eyes to the small bulge in his left pocket. I snickered to myself, I was tempted to go over and mock him, saying something along the lines of 'is that a box in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?'.

I felt a possessive flame flare up inside of me as Mira started whispering into Natsu's ear, I know she's not remotely interested in him (much like Lucy), but that doesn't stop the jealousy welling inside of me. It's not my fault Dragon Slayers are possessive.

"Hey babe, what's going on?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around him from behind, kissing his cheek as I glared at Mira. She laughed and held her hands up in a surrender.

"NOTHING!" He squeaked as his hand flung to his pocket reflectively, his posture tightening as he tried to shake me off. Odd, he's usually very cuddly.

"Right... So, how are you, Mira?" I asked as I shook of Natsu's weird behaviour, he's probably just tired.

"Fine, I just think I need to RING someone and PROPOSE a plan for the weekend," She said, randomly yelling things as she talked.

"That cool... I guess." I rubbed my ear, trying to stop the ringing that her screaming caused. I looked over to see Natsu fidgeting in his seat, his face beet red as he twiddled his thumbs.

"Yeah, their name is MARY!" She yelled again, causing Natsu to go even redder.

"Okay, that's the wrong Marry, If you're going to mock me at least get your facts straight," He mumbled under his breath, just quiet enough for me to miss.

"You guys are acting so- ACHOO!" I started saying before I sneezed loudly. It's funny all of the girls sneeze like kittens, but mine are violent. Like I've fallen off a chair before, because of the power.

"Whoa, you okay?" Mira said as she offered me a tissue.

"Yeah. Yeah." I sniffed loudly and I grabbed the tissue, rubbing my nose. "Probably just dust or something." I blew my nose and crumped up the tissue, throwing it in the bin from across the room, silently screaming when it landed perfectly in.

"Nah bro, that's what killed the Dinosaurs," Gray sneered in disgust as he looked me up and down, more specifically the quickly reddening nose as I sneezed.

"Jeez, I'm fine guys." I paused to clear my throat, which was quickly blocking up. "It's probably just allergies."

Mira grabbed her shirt, covering her nose and mouth with it as she poked me with a single finger, trying to push me away. "Okay, well please take those 'allergies' away from me. Go get some sleep."

"Okay, whatever. I'm fine though, really." I sighed as I pushed myself up off the bar. "See you later, try to cheer up, okay?" I said to Natsu before kissing him on the cheek and leaving.

"You need to man up, you can't put it off forever," I heard Gray say behind me as I started to walk away, presumably starting up the conversation with Natsu again.