New Member?! (25)

I ran and ran, never stopping, never thinking. Just running.

All I could hear was the thumping of my heart and breath as I pushed my body to its limit. Juvia and Lucy tried to call out for me to slow down so they could catch up. But, I was set on getting there as quick as possible.

What was happening in the guild? Why would I of all people want to see what was happening?

I busted open the doors, with little to no care as to who or what was in the way. I looked around expecting something... or someone to be on fire. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised either way

A tall, beautiful young woman stood in the middle of the guild. Her long brown hair was tied up in two tight buns, her face was spotted with small freckles, her green eyes were hidden behind a thick pair of glasses. She wore a simple brown wool knitted jumper that was too big for her slender frame, it draped over her arms like curtains. She also wore a pair of jeans which were worn down on the knees. She fidgeted from foot to food, swaying from side to side under the gaze of the guild.

"Pool?" Natsu questioned as he looked me up and down as I barged through the doors.

"Haha, Yeah, I didn't have time to change, Lucy said it was urgent?" I laughed as I looked down at what I was wearing, it was just a pair of shorts and a swimming top. I honestly looked like Cana.

"Urgent? Maybe Lucy's so hungry she got delusional again," Happy snickered before he saw Lucy walk through the doors. He screamed in terror as he flew away, trying to get away from her wrath.

"It's not really urgent, I just knew you we're super lazy and this was the best way to get you to the guild as quickly as possible. Y/N, I would like you to meet Audrey," Lucy smiled as she motioned to the new girl standing in the middle of the guild.

"Oh, uh nice to meet you." I gave her a toothy grin, much like Natsu's and presented my hand to her as a sign of friendship.

Her eyes widened at the sudden shock of my appearance in front of her. She moved the books in her arms so it was just resting on one arm, she put her free arm out and took my hand in hers, accepting my 'offer'.

"Nice to meet you too!" Audrey beamed, her voice was sweet like honey.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked as I noticed the pile of books in her arms.

"Oh, uh, it's just a couple things I hired out recently, I haven't had a chance to read them yet." She walked up to a table a placed the books on it, she spread them out for my viewing.

"Oh! I've read these!! This one great!! so is this one!! Ah, give this one a skip though, it's a horrible ending." I picked up a book and riffled through it.

"I knew it sounded too cliche!!" She groaned ash she picked her books back up, holding them close to her chest.

"Y/N!! YOU'VE GOT A NERD FRIEND!! TO DO YOUR NERD THINGS!! YOU NERD!!" Natsu heckled.

"I'll be right back," I said as I pat her on the shoulder, "WHAT DID YOU SAY DRAGNEEL!!" I spat at the dragonslayer.

"ARE YOU DEAF TOO Y/N?" He taunted.

"YOU'LL BE IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT!!" I growled as I ran towards him. He jumped on one of the tables with no regard as to what was on that table, I, in turn, ran into the wall, jumping and pushing off the wall and landing on the same table as him.

We jumped from table to table in a constant game of cat and mouse. We made the mistake of running past Erza, even though we had done a pretty good job of dodging everything (Other than the odd milkshake or two) we weren't so lucky when we passed Erza, Natsu stopped in his tracks as he felt and heard something squish under his feet.

I looked down in shock and held back my laughter as I noticed what had happened. He lifted up his foot and look at his shoe, it was covered in white icing and a single squashed strawberry. I winced and closed my eyes in an attempt to stop the following events being burnt into my eyes.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer, letting the cold air rush past my face. I looked around for a makeshift icepack,  there were ice creams, burgers, vegetables and some random container of an indistinguishable brown liquid.

I could have sworn that there was a bag of peas in here yesterday... I guess Mira used them up for something. "Sorry Natsu, I couldn't find anythi- Oh..." Audrey had already grabbed the bag of peas as was holding it to Natsu's face, just over his eye... yeah Erza hit him really hard.

"Oh Y/N! It's fine, Audrey already took care of it," He said to me before smiling at Audrey in gratitude.

"Ah, you beat me to it," I laughed as I lightly punched Audrey on the shoulder.

"Well, you were so busy fighting you didn't see me sneak off! I assumed someone would end up injured!" She laughed as she grabbed Natsu's hand and lead it to the ice pack so he could hold it himself.

"So are you permanently joining?" I asked Audrey as I suddenly realised she wasn't even a member of the guild.

"Oh right! Uh, I would like to join you guys... it seems really fun here," She giggled as she looked around at all of the friendly faces around her.

We all celebrated as we realised we had a new family member, drinks were ordered, games were played... ears bled thanks to Gajeel, and overall chaos ensued. She was about to make the biggest decision you can make here... where to get your guild mark.

After much deliberation, she decided to get the emblem in red on her right bicep. It looked oddly familiar but I shook it off, I laughed and raised my glass, "To Audrey! Our newest family member, I look forward to our countless memories, CHEERS!!"

"CHEERS!!" Everyone repeated as they too raised their glasses before drinking... this guild parties too often for its own good.