An Explanation (28)

Gray walked me back to the guild, making sure I didn't suddenly pass out after what he witnessed before. He was being the best brother ever, sure we weren't related, but I always saw him that way, and he saw me as his little sister. I guess you can chalk it up to the fact that we have the same magic. "I'm sorry about what happened back there," I sighed as I leant on his shoulder.

"It's fine, it was honestly one of the most amazing things I had seen, especially for a beginner." He laughed as he rubbed my shoulders, trying to comfort me. "You've got to show me how to make black ice, imagine what kind of magical properties it could have!" what kind of properties could it even have? Making people think about the last time their heart was broken?

"Get your heart broken by the man you love, that seems to work great for me," I muttered under my breath, trying to keep my anger and sadness at bay.

He stopped in his tracks, turning me around so I was looking directly in his eyes. "I'm sorry about Natsu, he's a jerk anyway, he doesn't deserve you." He smiled as he held my shoulders.

"Thanks, doesn't mean it doesn't hurt," I sighed.

"I know, it's going to hurt for a while... but you're too strong to get hung up on someone like him." He grabbed my head, putting me in a headlock and ruffling my hair.

"Hey!! Watch the hair!!" I squealed as I tried to escape his iron grip.

"NEVER!!" He yelled before he grabbed me, throwing me over his shoulder and running down to the guild. I laughed for the first time today, pounding on his back as I yelled for him to put me down. When we arrived at the guild, he let go of me, allowing me to slide down his shoulders.

"Thanks for cheering me up, it means a lot," I laughed as I pushed open the doors.

"Well, I can't the one other person who I can train with sad, can I?" He smiled as he placed a kiss on my forehead and walked over to talk to Mira. I smiled to myself as skipped over to Juvia, sitting down next to her at a table.

"How are you, Y/N?" She asked as she saw smiling.

"Better... I'm feeling better." I looked away from Gray and back to her, "You know, I approve of you being my sister in law," I laughed as I nudged her.

"You guys aren't even related!!" She laughed as she hid her face in her hands, trying to hide her blush. I contained mocking her as I poked her red cheeks, only causing her to blush harder.

"Your precious Gray will notice you sooner or later," I laughed as I nudged her. "He even mentioned you a few times in training!"

"HE DID?!"

"Yep, I'm telling you, he does like you!" I said.

"Maybe he does," She smiled to herself as she looked down at the table, trying to contain her blush. Just as I started to cheer up, and forget about Natsu he walked into the guild, Audrey not too far behind. I felt my entire body swell up with anger as I noticed that massive bouquet of flowers in his hands. It was full of red and white roses, in a sort of Ying-Yang fashion. God, they were so beautiful.

"I see flower shopping went well!" Mira exclaimed as she noticed Natsu walking thought the guild. Gray – who was talking to her at the time – turned around to see Natsu, he instantly turned to me to see the pained expression on my face.

"Yeah, it took a while, but we found the perfect bouquet," He smiled as he looked back and Audrey, with so much admiration.

The second he said we, I felt sadness and anger well up inside of me, I grabbed the table, trying to stop myself from running over there and beating up both of them. I was so focused on trying to keep my anger at bay that I didn't see the ice slowly building up on the table, freezing it. By the time I noticed it was too late, the table had been completely swallowed by the ice and it snapped in half.

I gasped in shock as ice shards fell to the ground, where the table used to be. I saw everyone staring at me, their eyes burning into me. Someone's gaze more than others. I saw Natsu looking at me with concern and sadness. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, I quickly pushed myself up off the chair and ran out of the guild, frozen tears falling behind me.

"Y... Y/N!!" Natsu yelled as he chased after me, dropping the flowers on the ground.  He didn't know what was going on with me, but he was worried. I covered my mouth with my hands as I tried to stop myself from crying. My face burned from the ice, it was absolutely freezing, but at least my body matched the coldness I felt in my heart. "Y/N!! talk to me!" He yelled as he tried to catch up to me, his voice held so much pain and sadness.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" I cried as I kept running, it was a game of cat and mouse, I ran into the dorms, sprinting down the hallway as Natsu closed in on me. I ran into my room, thank god, I left the door unlocked. I slammed the door behind me and fumbling with the lock as I tried to lock it, my heart beating in my ears as adrenalin coursed through my body. I leant on the door, sighing loudly as I slid down the door. Letting out pathetic sobs as I tried to calm myself down.

Natsu let out a deep sigh as he stood on the other side of the door. "Y/N... please let me in," He pleaded as he nocked the door lightly, not wanting to frighten the crying girl.

"J...Just leave me alone!" I stuttered as I tried to talked between sobs.

"I'm not leavening you, you'll have to talk to me eventually," He sighed as he lent on the door, sliding down as he sat on the ground. We were practically leaning on each other, the only thing keeping us apart was the stupid door that I had placed between us. "I don't know what's wrong, but I want to help," He sighed as he tilted is head back, trying to talk to me.

"You're only making it worse by being here." I buried my head in my hands, I didn't want to deal with him, especially not today of all days.

"Then you'll just have to let me make it better," He laughed as he tried to bring light into the situation. I muffled a laugh as I tried to keep my anger in place. I can't stay mad at him, no matter how hard I try. "I heard that laugh, Mavis, I missed that laugh."

"Stop being adorable, Dragneel," I hissed as I tried to stay mad at him.

"Stop being so irresistible and I will." I couldn't see him, but I knew he was smirking. STAY STRONG Y/N!! YOU ARE MAD AT HIM, HE BROKE YOUR HEART!!!

"I'm mad at you okay," I admitted as I gave into him, it's not my fault he's so hard to be mad at. "I saw you with Audrey yesterday, buying her flowers and necklaces... after you kissed me."

"Y...Y/N, I can explain that... just please let me in," He pleaded. I stood up, unlocking the door slowly so he could come in. Before I could even react, he grabbed my waist and pulled me into a kiss. It was harder than the one we had a few days ago, it was more passionate... intimate.

I sighed happily and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. "Well, that was unexpected," I smiled as I pulled away from him. He simply laughed and pulled me back into another kiss, trying to replace the sadness in my heart with love, and succeeding.

"They were for you, I was going to ask you to be... mine, tomorrow." He bashfully explained as his face went red. "I'm really bad with romance, as this has proved." I snorted lightly as he admitted his mistake. "So, I asked Audrey to help me... I didn't mean to hurt you," He sighed as he pulled me closer. "I would never want hurt you... not in my wildest dreams."

"You're an idiot," I laughed as I looking into his eyes. "But you're my Idiot." I pulled him closer, burying my head in his neck as I wrapped my arms around his waist. I completely forget about the hurt that I was feeling moments ago, only feelings his warmth against me, the love in my heart.