Mission time (30)

I hate this so much.

I hate myself so much.

I hate him so much.

But, mainly me.

I watched as Natsu carried on with his daily activates, not realising I was staring at him with nothing but anger and hate. I edged closer to the edge of my seat, leaning forward as I stared at him. He was standing at the job board, his eyes darting back and forth as he scanned for a possible job, his arms planted on his sides as he pursed his lips together, thinking deeply.

I internally screamed as I tried to keep my jaw from dropping. I was stuck in this constant state of wanting to punch him, and wanting to kiss him. Natsu and I are currently in the process of working out what the hell we are and our boundaries in the relationship.

Like I just want to wear your stupid shirt, kiss your stupid face and snuggle in your stupid bed? Is that too much to ask? We've been dating maybe 2 weeks, but he's already gotten too comfortable at my apartment... by that I mean he regularly makes a mess of it.

Anyway, he's been saying how grumpy I seem to be at the apartment, so he's picking out a job for me, to calm me down. It's sweet of him, and I don't have to heart to tell him I'm grumpy because of him, it'd break his little heart. Plus it'd be nice to get away, I need time to myself, it's been ages since I've had me time. 

Life is honestly just weird right now, everything just seems to have halted. A few weeks ago, I was running from Gray and Juvia, time seemed to move at a lightning pace, but right now? Nothing too crazy has been happening, life is just moving at a normal pace... which is weird for me. I'm used to chasing after monsters and fighting massive spiders, not cleaning up after my boyfriend. It's not really me.

Anyway, I'm just hoping this mission should fix that, I just want to feel normal again. I'm not really made for a normal life, I love adventure. I'm pretty sure that Natsu's noticed that too, I'm always happiest when I've got something to do, some kind of goal.

"Hey babe, how does this look?" I was snapped out of my thoughts as Natsu held a sheet of paper in front of me, waving it slightly. He put extra Emphasis in babe, it was weird for him to call me pet names... other than like frost weirdo.

"Uh, yeah that looks g-great!" I stuttered as I tried to keep my calm, him being affectionate in public always threw me off, I wasn't used to us being loving towards each other... not like I'm complaining.

"You okay?" He asked, his voice holding concern as he sat down next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder... only causing me to blush harder.

"Y-yeah!" I squeaked out, much higher than I would have liked to. My eyes went wide as I cleared my throat trying to speak again. "Yeah, just I'm not used to you being so... forward, with me in public."

"Oh..." He trailed off slowly retracting his arm.

"N-Not that I mind!!" I quickly added, smiling nervously at him.

"Ah, young love," Gramps mocked as he walked past us, not sparing a seconds glance. I giggled quietly as placed a small kiss on his cheek.

"I should get going, yeah?"

"Yeah, you should if you want to be there before nightfall." Natsu grabbed my arm, waving at Audrey who simply gave us two thumbs up and a bright smile, she was a second Juvia, obsessed with shipping people. He said that he wanted to wait with me by the train, to make sure I was safe and so I wouldn't have to wait alone. But, we both know it's cause he doesn't want me to go and he'll miss me.

I smiled as I took his hand in mine, being close to him was a new feeling... but not an unwelcome one. "I need to go grab my stuff, meet you here in 10?"  A smile stretched across Natsu's face as he pulled me towards the train station. "Natsu!! I need to get my things!! I haven't packed yet!" I laughed as I pulled on his arm, trying to free myself.

"It's already done," He said with a cocky grin and pulled out a suitcase from behind is back... how the hell didn't I notice that. "I packed your stuff already, just relax! This is a day for you!" He smiled as he ruffled my hair. I was slightly dumfounded, Natsu 'toddler at heart'  Dragnet had packed my bags for me.

"You're a mystery, Dragneel," I laughed as I punched him lightly on the chest.

"Well, I'm one of a kind."

"That you are." A comfortable silence fell around us as we stood in place, waiting for our train to pull up. As much as trains suck, it's better than walking. "What's the job by the way, if you couldn't tell... I wasn't paying attention when you showed me."

"Oh! It's just a simple monster hunt, just a hoard of trolls causing chaos in a village. It shouldn't be too much work," He explained, not bothering to look down at me. 

"Sounds fun, I've been irking to fight something!" I laughed as I started slowly cracking my knuckles.

"I made sure there'd be plenty of fighting for you."

"Awww! You do know me," I cooed as I ruffled his hair, causing him to let out an annoyed grunt.

He batted my hands away, pouting like some kind of toddler. "Yeah well, don't get used to it," he huffed as he looked away, a slight blush prominent on his cheeks. Before I could mock him anymore, we heard the distant whistle of the train as it approached the station.

"That's my ride..." I awkwardly mumbled as I looked over my shoulder and the quickly approaching train.

"Yeah... uh, have fun?" He said, an awkward atmosphere quickly surrounding us. "And uh... safe stay.. I mean! Uh, stay safe," He stuttered, he was never that great with communicating was he?

I muffled a laugh as I looked at his red face. "I'll see you in two days," I took a deep breath and quickly placed a kiss on his cheek, grabbing my suitcase from his hands, electricity shooting thought me when our hands brushed.

I quickly walked onto the train, glancing behind me to see Natsu standing in the exact same place, his hand on his cheek and mouth hanging open. I laughed and sat down, watching as the pink haired mage slowly grew smaller and smaller as the train took of down the tracks.