Confusion and secret meetings (26)

"And then the last thing I see is Y/N disappear into the forest, with a lion close behind her," Lucy laughed as she took a bite of her food. 

"Well, how was I supposed to know that Mrs lion wouldn't appreciate me petting her cubs!" I argued, before I shared a laugh with her aswell.

"How could you not?!" Erza mocked as she sliced through her cake with her fork.

"Well, thank you for bringing me out to lunch and sharing these... interesting stories." Audrey covered her mouth as she let out a little giggle. She's been in the guild for about 2 weeks, so I thought it was about time that we took her out for lunch, to get to know her that little bit better.

"Well, it's our pleasure!" Natsu said as he shoved anything he could into his mouth.

"OUR pleasure actually, we're the ones paying," I rolled my eyes as I gestured towards Erza, Lucy and myself.

"Whateevveeerrrr," He dismissed my comment and continued eating without another thought.

I scraped the leftovers off of my plate with my fork, shoveling every ounce of food I could into my stomach. I can't afford to eat out much, so trust me when I have the chance to eat good food, I'm going to milk it for as much as I can.

"So, how's the guild so far?" I asked as I pointed my fork towards Audrey.

"It's been great!! Lucy can be a tad loud though," Audrey giggled as she put down her knife and fork, finishing her meal.

"HEY!! I AM A LOVLEY PERSON AND YOU SHOULD BE FLATTERED TO KNOWN ME!!" Lucy barked as she threw and tantrum.

"And there she goes," I laughed as I watched my blond-haired friend scream and yell about how amazing she was. "You know, when you yell like that you remind me of Edolas Lucy."

"Edolas?" Audrey  said in confusion, tilting her head slightly.

"It's like our world, but everything is the opposite... basically." It was kind of an impossible thing to explain, it's an alternate dimension after all. "Like, Gray is in love with Juvia, not the other way around."

"Really! Thank sounds so cool!!" Audrey said, her eyes sparkling in wonder.

"It really was! Edolas Natsu was a massive crybaby!!" Happy mocked as he munched on his fish.

"He saved our butts thank you very much!" Natsu retorted as he crossed his arms.

"Actually I did, I was the one with magic," Lucy added, seemingly over her tantrum.

"You know, Edolas Natsu was honestly kind of cute," I admitted as I took a sip of my milkshake, not noticing Natsu seemingly choke on his.

"I know, I could see you eyeing him up," Lucy laughed as she thought back to our Edolas adventures. "Weren't the Edolas versions of you guys dating?"

"I think so, I know they were really close. Didn't they like have matching cars?" I laughed as I thought back to my Edolas equivalent.

"OH YEAH!! And hers was white!! She was really cool," Happy piped in. "She's cooler than Earth Y/N."

"I don't know about that," Natsu laughed, not thinking about what he was saying. "She was pretty mean, didn't see like punch Lucy when she made Edolas me cry?"

"Yeah, that still hurt to this day, you hit hard Y/N," Lucy muttered as she subconsciously rubbed her cheek.

"Well, she had to protect Natsu." I looked up at the sky, where the portal was all those years ago. " I guess that's how we were opposites, we fight, they protected each other."