The day after (29)

I stirred in my sleep, slowly shifting as I tried to get out of best. Quickly realising that something was trapping me in my place.

I looked over my shoulder to see Natsu
was still holding me tightly, his legs intertwined with mine and his arms wrapped closely around my waist, as my head was resting on his chest. Sure, there was no one else I would prefer to wake up next to, but that doesn't mean I'm not completely and utterly exhausted.

"Nattsssuuu, move your lazy butt," I whined as I tried to get out of his iron grip.

"5 more minutes," He sleepily groaned as he tried to bury his face in my hair.

"Natsu, I will honestly shove you out of bed if you don't move," I sighed as I lightly punched his chest.

He let out a loud groan and rolled over, slowly getting out of bed. "Happy?" He mocked as he bowed slightly. Still dressed in his clothes from yesterday, we collapsed soon after our fight, not bothering to change.

"Now I am," I mocked as I stood up, looking through my closet for something new to wear "How'd you sleep?" I asked as I picked out various pieced of clothing that were neatly hanging.

"Eh, I slept okay," He shrugged as he grabbed his shirt, pulling it over his head. "You?"

"I'm just really sore," I replied not thinking about what I was saying. I looked over at Natsu to see a massive grin on his face as he shot me a suggestive wink. "I HATE YOU!!" I yelled as I jumped onto my bed, hiding under the covers. "We didn't even do... that! It's just cause your stupid arm was holding me too tight!"

He laughed as he plopped down on the mattress next to me. Patting me slightly as he tried to get me to emerge from my hiding place. I sighed as I slowly emerged from under the covers. "We going to the guild?" I asked as I stood back up again.

"Yeah, after last nights scene... they're probably worried sick." Ah right, I stormed out in tears... haha, I kind of already forgot about that.

"I probably could have handled that better," I sighed as I scratched the back of my neck.

"I could have been a tad smarter," He laughed.

"I mean, that can be applied to all situations," I mocked as I pushed him off the bed and slowly started fixing up the sheets.

"Ha. Ha." He rolled his eyes as he helps me to clean up, picking up various things we threw around the room or knocked off shelves during our fight.  A comfortable silence fell over us as we slowly cleaned the room, and ourselves up. I felt a question clawing at my throat, I didn't open my mouth, fearing it would slip out if I tried to say anything.

"What are we?" I blurted out of nowhere, I instantly went red as I covered my mouth, trying to stop the words from escaping my mouth, but it was too late. Natsu had frozen in his place, his eyes going wide and his cheeks slowly turning red. "I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked!" I quickly stuttered as I tried to cover my mistake.

"Best friends," He cut me of and whispered, just loud enough for me to hear. He was staring at the ground, almost in a daze. His words hit me like a punch in the gut, practically knocking the wind out of me

"W-what?" I was expecting Natsu to just brush the question off, that I was asking him these things too early in our 'relationship'. Did he really only see me as a best friend?

"You're my best friend... but more." He said, still almost in a trance as he looked up from the floor and towards me. "You're funny, beautiful, you can put up one hell of a fight, caring, considerate." He kept listing off thing after thing that he loved about me, the list seeming to never end. "Even if we fought, you always believed in me, even when no one else did." He walked up to me, taking my face in his warm yet rough hands. "You make me a better person, you push me every day to do better... to be better." I looked into his eyes, almost getting lost in them as I melted into his touch.

"You're such a dork," I laughed as I tried to stop myself from crying, he was so sweet sometimes.

"Yeah, but I'm your dork," He smiled before he placed a light kiss on my lips, grabbing my hands and leading me to the door. "ANYWAY, LET'S GET GOING TO THE GUILD!! I'M STARVING AND GRAY OWES ME $20!! " Natsu yelled, his usual persona instantly flooding back, he couldn't be mature for very long, could he?

I stifled a giggle as I locked the door behind us. "Why does he owe you $20?" I asked, my interest peaked.

"He thought my 'confession' was stupid and that I'd get rejected," He smiled as we walked down the street, hand in hand.

"I mean, your plan crashed and burned," I quickly rebutted.

"It did turn into a dumpster fire... but, you still still kiiisseeedddd meeee," He mocked as he pulled me closer.

"You spend too much time with that cat." I laughed as I tried to pull away from his grip (even though I didn't really want to).

"Yeah, well, he's my buddy."

"That he is." I smiled up at him, I was so damn happy. My heart was so full of love and it was like the world had gotten brighter like he was a new sun in the sky. He made me feel warm, safe, loved and happy. I feel like I made him feel the same, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't noticed how his smile was bigger when he was around me.

Sure, we've already had some issues in our relationship. We've had our fair share of fights and misunderstandings already, but I do love him. It took me far longer to realise then I would have liked... I don't know where our relationship is going, but I'm not worried about that.

After all, you only see rainbows after rain.