Close Calls (22)

Gray's P.O.V. 

I'm sick of this.

I watched as Natsu and Y/N awkwardly walked away from each other for the 5th time today. Ever since things started getting more serious between them, they can't even look each other in the eye, and It's driving me crazy.

I thought their fighting was annoying, but now the second they get within 5 metres of one another they just blush and run the other way. Even Lucy is starting to worry, Natsu hasn't attempted to break into her house in over a month, it's just not normal. They just sneak looks at each other and let out depressing sighs. They're both so dense, they literally can't tell the other person likes them. 

For example Y/N, SHE THINKS THAT NATSU KISSING HER WAS A MISTAKE OR THAT IT WAS JUST BECAUSE HE WAS INJURED AND IT WAS HIS WAY OF SAYING THANK YOU. And then Natsu, HE THINKS HE CREEPED HER OUT AND SHE'LL NEVER TALK TO HIM AGAIN.

So Juvia and I are taking the matter into our own hands. "Pssst!!" That would be Juvia and her... less than inconspicuous signal. "PSSSTTT!!" Okay, yelling completely negates the point of signalling the other person, the point is to not arouse suspicion. A hand quickly wrapped around my arm and pulled be behind a pillar.

"Is the plan set up?" Juvia asked, not wasting a second.

"Yes, they're both at their houses," I quickly explained.

"Good, now you'll go get Natsu remember, I'll work with Y/N" She double checked.

"Yep, I've got this!"

"Let Operation: GNAYTSWCFGSS, COMMENCE!!!" She yelled, preparing to run to Y/N.

I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her back before she could run away. "GNAYTSWCFGSS?" I questioned.

"Get Natsu and Y/N Together So We Can Finally Get Some Sleep, GNAYTSWCFGSS. I abbreviated it to save time" She smiled.

"Or plan: Fire Ice, that's even quicker," I deadpanned.

"Yeah, but it doesn't have the same ring to it!" She laughed before sprinting off to Y/N's house.

"I'm p- Nevermind, there is literally no point," I sighed before running to Natsu's house. I busted down the door and sprinted in, Natsu was huddled up in a dark corner, wallowing in self-pity.

"You are a sad excuse for a dragonslayer," I said as I looked at the husk of a man on the floor.

"I'M A HORRIBLE PERSOOONNN" He cried as I came closer to him. He was still feeling guiltily about kissing Y/N.

"I know you are, now get up!" I groaned as I grabbed onto his shoulders and tried to pull him up. No success. "What happened to the Natsu that wouldn't stop pranking and fighting with everyone?" I said to him.

"HE DIED A LONG TIME AGO." I swear I'm going to kill him.

"Okay... I guess I'll just go tell Y/N that you won't help her off the roof..." I said smugly as I started walking out the door.

"How did she get on the roof?!" he jumped up. "I swear she's useless sometimes" He sighed as he ran out the door. I pursued him to fairy hills, where Juvia had already done her job and got Y/N stuck on the roof.

"JUVIA WHEN I GET DOWN FROM HERE I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!" She roared as she leant over the edge, looking for a way down.

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET UP THERE?! I KNOW YOU'RE AN IDIOT BUT REALLY?!? HAPPY DOESN'T EVEN DO THIS!" Natsu yelled up at her.

"I'M AN IDIOT!?! LOOK WHO'S TALKING!!" She yelled back.

"DO YOU WANT TO GET DOWN OR NOT!?!" He spat back at her.

"No I just want to be one with the clouds as I die up here," She smiled as she looked up at the sky. "OF COURSE I WANT TO GET DOWN I SCARED OF HEIGHTS YOU MORON!!" She snapped.

"Good job, they're fighting again, this may actually work," I whispered to Juvia and high fived her.

"No, I have to thank you. Breaking parts of the roof so It will collapse under her weight, genius!!" She laughed as she pats me on the back. "So, what's going to cushion her fall, because a fall from that high wouldn't end well," She asked as she scanned the surrounding area.

"I didn't break anything..."

"Oh no... so you don't want her to fall?" She said, I slowly shook my head as the realisation washed over me.

"Y/N DON'T MOVE!!!" We yelled in sync as we watched our friend crawl around on the roof, If she didn't stop moving she'd break the roof. Things only got scarier for us when we saw minuscule cracks starting to form on the roof.

"Oh hey, guys!!! What are you saying!! I can't hear you!!" She laughed as she waved at us and stood up.

"STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!!" We yelled, even louder this time. She shouldn't be standing, god knows what would happen if she decided to jump or even take a single step.

"Hay with a star?"

"STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!"

"Lay in a car??"

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!" Juvia yelled as her temper got the best of her.

"Huh, what are you guy sa-" Y/N took a step forward, hoping to be able to hear us better. Then we all heard a loud crack, within seconds the section Y/N was standing on snapped off from the roof.

Everything went in slow motion.

Her eyes widened as she tried to grab onto anything she could, but there was nothing within reach, she fell backwards and let out a heart-wrenching scream. Juvia screamed and tried to run towards her, but it was clear she wouldn't make it in time. It just stood in shock as I watched everything play out in front of me. Y/N closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around her head, trying to protect what could.

Little pieces of wood rained down around her as she screamed once more. Juvia tripped in her frenzy to get to her and hit the ground with a loud thud, She yelled out her name, hoping that it would somehow stop what was about to happen. We all closed our eyes, hoping this would all go away. I heard a sickening thud of flesh hitting the ground. This was NOT how I planned this to go.

I opened one of my eyes, expecting to see a sea of red, but the ground was clean. Natsu and Y/N were lying on the ground, his arms tightly wrapped around the terrified girls torso. He must have rushed in a caught her. Her face was burred in his chest as she tried to calm down, she was shaking violently.

"Hey... so this did go as planned, but they still hugged," I said as I put a hand on her shoulder. We clearly hadn't learned out lesson. "So, time for the next phase of our plan?" I asked as I offered her my hand.

"Good Idea!" She smirked as she wiped her eyes and took my hand.