Please Say Yes (11)

"Food is good! Yum yum, tasty!" I sang to myself as I flipped some eggs in the pan.

"You know what this needs.... PANCAKES!" I yelled to myself as I pulled out some mix from the cupboard, I quickly whisked together the batter, pouring it into the pan. "Where did I put my headphones?" I questioned out loud as I walked out of the kitchen and left the food to cook.

I wandered into my room and found my phone sitting on my bed. I grabbed it and scrolled through my music playlist and selected shuffle. I played a few games, completely forgetting about the food that was cooking.

"GOD DAMN IT!! I GIVE UP!!" I yelled as I threw my phone onto my bed and collapsed on the ground in self-pity, I had lost my game for the 100000000th time today, and I had just about reached my mental limit.

I stood up and sniffed the air, something didn't seem right, something smells... burnt?

"MY FOOD!!" I screeched as I sprinted to the kitchen to see the small amounts of smoke start to drift from my food, I quickly flipped them over to see the black abyss of burnt... stuff, left on my pan.

"Nothing living in Fairy Tail won't teach you," I sighed as I pulled out a butter knife.

Natsu often got into fights and burnt whatever I was eating in the process. I recently learned that if you get a knife and scrape off the burnt crust, it should be fine. It creates a rather large mess, but if you do it over the bin. BOOM! Fixed meal!

I finally managed to sit down with my... 'extra crispy' breakfast. I scarfed the whole thing down in one go. I finished off my meal and walked back into the kitchen, plate in hand. I walked over to my sink and stared at the pile of dishes that were in its place. It was basically the leaning tower of washing up. And I was still too lazy to do it.

I got up on my tippy toes and placed my plate on top the pile, saying to myself that I'd do it later, even though I knew I wouldn't. Most people would just get a job over and done with... but me?

Nah! I'll take the route that means I don't have to do it, even if it means doing more work to get out of it... I should probably get that checked out.

I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder and walked out the door, slamming it behind me. Completely unaware of the pile of dishes that had crashed to the ground.

I made my way to the guild, happily skipping along the stone path. I pushed open the doors and threw my bag on top of a random table. I looked around at the room that surrounded me.

I noticed a certain blue haired water mage sitting the corner of the guild smiling to herself... herself not Gray....

"What's got you so happy?" I laughed as I sat down next to her.

"Nothing!" She smiled while looking into the distance. Yep! Something isn't right.

"Did Gray loose his pants or something?" I questioned, she tends to be in good moods whenever Gray's unfortunate habit takes place.

"No, of course not!" She said, not even batting an eye.

"Then what is it!?" I yelled, getting a bit fed up with guessing.

"Okay, so Juvia was walking through the park because Juvia needed some time to clear her head...." She said, before trailing off.

"And..." I said, trying to get her to continue with her story.

"And a man came up to Juvia. We started talking and he asked Juvia if she was seeing anyone..." She paused and smiled to herself. "Juvia said no, but she liked someone, and he invited Juvia to join him at lookout mountain tonight!" She giggled.

"Aww! That's so gr- WAIT WHAT?!" I screeched.

NO ONE IS COMING BETWEEN ME AND MY SHIP!! I SHALL TRACK THIS MAN DOWN AND RIP HIM LIMB FROM LIMB!!

"We're going out there tonight. He said that Juvia should love the view!!" She explained to me.

"You can see all of Magnolia from there.... But that's not the point! What about Gray?!" I said, maybe if I pull on her heart strings she'll remember about Gray and decide not to go.

"Juvia has decided that Juvia needs to look at other options." She said to me, and to be honest, Gray hasn't been the nicest to her. I think it's about time she did start looking at someone else.

I turned to my left to see a similar situation going down with Gray and Natsu. Natsu happened to look in my direction about the same time as I looked at him, we basically had a conversation without saying anything.

We excused ourselves from where we were sitting and made our way outside, I closed the doors behind us and quickly turned to him.

"JUVIA IS GOING ON A DATE WITH A RANDOM STRANGER!!!" I yelled at him, not giving him a single second to think.

"I know, Gray overheard Juvia earlier, he's not too happy, to say the least..." He sighed, running his hands through his hair.

"It's clear neither of us is happy with this, we need to work out a way to stop Juvia going," I explained, pausing to think.

What were our options?

It's not like I could kidnap her, she is my friend after all.

I would have to work out some kind of way to make the guy seem horrible!

"What if I talked to her about how dangerous it can be to go on a date with someone you don't know?" He suggested.

"No, I tried to tell her that earlier, she seems pretty hell-bent ongoing with that boy," I sighed, Juvia can be a stubborn one, to say the least.

"Okay, so we just have to find a way to make that date the worst date ever," he said, while it wasn't the best idea... and the nicest. It was really our only option, it was either ruining her date or my ship sinks.

"It's not like we can do anything... I mean they're on a date, we won't be there," I sighed, not really thinking about what was coming out of my mouth.

"THAT'S IT!! Y/N, YOU'RE A GENIUS!" Natsu suddenly yelled, his normally hyper attitude suddenly flooding back into him.

"Of course I am... what did I do?" I asked.

"They'll be on a date! We just have to be there to mess things up! They'll be at lookout mountain! It's a public area!!" He explained to me.

"I see where you're going, but it's not like we can just pretend to be on a dat.-" I trailed off once I realised what I was saying. "No," I said to him as I pointed an accusing finger.

"Y/N L/N, would you make me the happiest man in this guild..." He paused as he bent down and got on one knee.

"Don't you freaking dare Dragneel," I said and my face started to go bright red.

"And go on a pretend date with me?" He said as he pulled a ring out of his pocket.

"How long has that been there?" I asked as I pointed to the ring in his hand.

"About 3 months, I found it on the ground and forgot to take it out of my pocket. But that's not the point! What is your answer?" He said as he looked up at me.

"Do I have toooooo!?" I groaned as I looked away from him.

"You have to say yes!" He said to me with a massive grin on his face.

"Yes..." I grumbled under my breath.

"SHE SAID YES!!" He yelled as he scooped me off my feet and held me in his arms.

"PUT ME DOWN!" I laughed as I pounded on his chest. He let me slide out of his arms. He instantly grabbed my hand and slid the ring on my finger, much like a real proposal.

"It's beautiful honey," I mocked as I held my hand out,  blocking the sun from my view. The ring shone lightly in the sun, reflecting golden rays in every direction. It was honestly beautiful for a ring he found on the street.

Anyway please remember to vote, comment, and share.

~Thanks~