A small box (39)

Real quick, do you guys want more flashback chapters? Like about Y/N's and Natsu's childhood?

I find them fun to write, and you guys seem to love them, so tell me if you what them. If there is anything you want to see, write it in the comments and I'll work it in into the story!!

The thumping of my feet against the ground filled my ears, the fresh snow around me crunched under my boots. I grabbed onto the pine tree to my left, gripping the trunk as I ran, I quickly spun around as I made a sharp left turn, letting go of the tree so I could keep running.

I tried to control my breathing as I ran, trying to keep up stamina up. In. Out. In. Out. I was taking deep, long breaths through my mouth and out of my nose, helping me breathe, but leaving my mouth bitterly dry and throat hoarse. Not to mention the freezing cold air whipping against my face like thousands of tiny knives as I ran.

He already took out Natsu, I didn't want to leave him behind, but I didn't have much of a choice. It was either me or him. "RUN, Y/N!! RUN!!" His voice echoed in my head as my legs picked up, I could hear the quiet pitter patter of feet behind me as it continued to chase me. Occasionally the leaves above me would rustle as they jumped into the trees to gain on me quicker.

My legs were burning and freezing all at the same time, I wasn't expecting to have to run for my life, I was just in leggings and a simple jacket, luckily I had snow boots on. The white snow stuck to my leggings, quickly melting from my body heat and making me much, much colder.

It happened all to fast, Natsu and I were standing in the living room by the fire, swaying to the music as we just looked into each other's eyes. I wrapped my arms around his waist and leant my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes as I sighed contently. I only opened my eyes to see the door fly open and it burst into to room, yelling at us to run or else.

I quickly ducked up a fallen tree, sliding under on my back before quickly jumping back up and continuing on my run, ignoring the shiver that ran up my back from the snow that found it's way under my shirt. I hurdled over the next log, trying to keep up the sprint as I stumbled through the forest.

I was tiring fast, my lungs were burning and screaming for oxygen, my legs felt like jelly and were ready to give out at any moment and my feet felt as if they were now blocks of ice.

The sensation of my legs burning coupled with my frozen feet made my head spin, disorientating me as my brain tried to work out what was happening. My breathing was uncontrollable and barely helping. I was taking tiny, wheezing breaths as I tried to keep running.

My foot snagged on a root covered in snow, slingshotting me to the ground before I could even realise what had happened.

I groaned loudly as my head hit the ground with a loud clunk, the wind being knocked out of my lungs as I hit the snow, it was harder than it looked. I tried to stand back up, only to feel something pulling against my foot, keeping me in place.

I looked back to see my leg buried in the snow, trapped under the root that had tripped me in the first place. My eyes went wide and heart rate went even faster (if that was even possible) as I tried to pull my foot free.

"No way, I am not dying like a girl in a horror movie. No way." I pulled harder, my foot being freed with a loud crack, the root (and thankfully not my foot) snapping.

I stumbled to my feet, ignoring the throbbing of my foot as I put weight on it. It bent awkwardly as I fell, I wouldn't be surprised if I pulled something. I breathed of deeply as I tried to run away, stumbling as I tried to regain my footing.

"That was quite a fall, Y/N. I'm surprised you can still run." My blood ran cold as I heard that voice, I turned around to see that it had caught up with me.