Poolside Drama (24)

Y/N's P.O.V.

I flopped down on the pool closest chair I could find, I'm already completely exhausted from today's events. Juvia and Gray won't leave Natsu and I alone, it's clear they're trying to get us together or something. We may be dense but we're not that stupid.

I looked out over the perfect water, it was shining and shimmering in the sun, it was practically calling to me. I silently celebrated the fact that I had the whole pool to myself, not a single person in sight. I quickly stripped off my shirt and shorts, leaving myself in my swimsuit that I always had on underneath.

I ran towards the pool, pushing off of the ground at the last second. For a few seconds It felt like I was flying, I tucked my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs as a means of holding them in place. I gasped and held my breath as I broke the water's surface. I was surrounded by a sea of crystal blue, it was cold and refreshing, yet welcoming.

I opened my eyes and looked around, everything was blurred as I took in my surrounding, it felt as if I was in a completely different world. A world without sadness, anger, fear... anything. It was quiet and peaceful. I wanted to stay down there forever as I swam around in this wonderland, but my lungs had other ideas. They burned and screamed in pain in a plea for oxygen.

I kicked off the bottom of the pool, sending myself shooting towards the surface. I broke the surface and gasped, taking in as much air as I could. I laughed as pushed my hair back, out of my face. I took in a deep breath and dove back under, not wanting to be anywhere else.

I laid on my back at the bottom of the pool, looking up at the surface as the light shone on the water, making the top look like a thick layer of glass, separating me from my problems. I breathed out, slowly but steadily, watching the bubbles form and stick to each other as they floated towards the top. Like beautiful little jellyfish. I did this for who knows how long, just dunking under the water and watching the bubbles interact. It was calming.

My fingers started to wrinkle, signalling that it was probably time to get out of the pool. I jumped out and ran to my towel, wrapping it around my wet body, I wrung out my hair, attempting to get out what water I could. I sat down on a chair in the sun, letting my swimsuit dry before I put my clothes on top of them. I closed my eyes and relaxed for the first time today.

Before I could savour a single second of silence, I heard the pitter patter of feet running towards me. I opened one of my eyes to see a certain water mage running my way... she's really pushing her luck.

"Y/N!! Juvia wants to talk to you!!" Her tone was cheery, almost like she didn't know what she had done wrong today.

"Not now Juvia," I snapped, looking away from her and closing my eyes.

"Y/N! It's important," She whined, she had finally reached me and was standing right next to me. I opened my eyes and looked directly into hers before reaching for my sunglasses and putting them on, looking away from her again. "Y/N!~" She groaned as I didn't comply.

"Juvia I'm mad at you, go away," I said, rather bluntly. I was sick of her today and didn't want to be a part of any more plans.

"Juvia knows she hasn't been the best friend today... but... she's sorry..." She suddenly got really quiet, I slid down my glasses so I could get a better look at her... she really did look sorry.

"ARGH! Fine, what is it," I yelled as I gave into her will, I threw a mini fit before sitting up facing her.

"Do you like Natsu?" She asked, I felt my last bit of sanity deplete and I looked her directly in the eyes, my stare was lifeless as I stared at her never blinking.

"NOPE!!! I AM NOT DEALING WITH THIS RIGHT NOW!!" I dropped my towel to the ground and sprinted to the pool, diving in and staying under for as long as possible. I saw her outline approach the pool, staring at my figure as I held my breath.

"You can't stay down there forever," She mocked, and she was right. I slowly floated to the surface, only letting the top half of my head float above the water. I breathed through my nose as I pouted under the water. "Now, do you like Na-"

"JUVIA I AM SICK OF THIS!!" I screamed, the pool instantly froze as my anger leaked out of me in the form of magic, I broke the ice and stood on the surface. "I AM SICK OF EVERYONE TREATING ME LIKE A BARBIE THEY CAN JUST PLAY WITH, I'M NOT SOME KIND OF TOY YOU CAN JUST PLAY WITH WHEN YOU GET BORED!!" My knuckles went white as I clenched them in rage.

"Juvia is sorry, Juvia didn't think you felt th-" she started before I interrupted her.

"I KNOW!! YOU GUYS NEVER THINK!! YOU JUST ACT!!" I was being a bit harsh on her, but this has been building up for a while and I just needed to get it out of my system. "IF I WANT TO LIKE NATSU, I WILL!! IF I DON'T WANT TO LIKE HIM, I WILL!! THIS IS MY LIFE AND I'LL DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT!!" The fact that the conversation circled back to the dragon slayer probably made my feelings clear enough, but I didn't care enough to think about what I was saying.

"You're right, Juvia sorry for pressuring you," She apologised as she looked at the ground in shame. I sighed and looked at her with pity before walking up to her and hugging her. "Juvia was going to try and trick you into talking again... she sees that is wrong now," She sighed into my shoulder as her arms wrapped around me.

"I'm sorry too, if we're being honest, I do like him, I think... I'm really confused..." I admitted as I pulled away from her hug and looked her in the eyes.

"Hey, we'll work it out together," She smiled as we walked back to the deck chairs so I could grab my stuff.

"Yeah... that's what best friends are for," I laughed, I don't need to do this alone, I have the guild to look out for me. I folded up my towel and gave it to Juvia to quickly hold as I got changed. I slipped my pants on over the top of my swimsuit. Before I could put my shirt on Lucy sprinted into the pool area and bent over as she panted and caught her breath.

"Oh, Hey Love Rival, what's going on?" Juvia greeted the dying Lucy as if nothing was wrong.

"New... guild... Important... Y/N... look" She tried to say between breaths as she panted.

"Huh?" I perked up the second my name was mentioned.

"We've got a new guild member... Y/N you may want to see this," Lucy explained as she finally caught her breath.

"Me? Why would I want to see it... I mean any more than anyone else," I was utterly and completely confused as to what was happening.

"I'll explain on the way, just follow me." She sprinted off before I could ask anything else, I looked at Juvia and shot her a confused look before running off after Lucy, shirt still folded in my arms.

As always please remember to Vote, Comment and Share!!

~Thanks~