Sickness (41)

It's official, this is my end.

I've had a good run guys, I've had good laughs, good friends and my first love. but, this is where it ends.

Lying in my bed, Natsu talking to someone at the door while I burn through a 120-degree fever, tissues littering my floor as I breathe out wheezed and laboured breaths. "Ugh." I moaned as I rolled over on my side, trying to ignore the stiffness of my joints and the burning of my skin, like was being constantly burnt.

"Yeah, thanks. I'll be sure to do that. Yeah. She's fine. Really. Okay, bye." The door clicked as Natsu closed it, walking back into the living room holding a small container of soup. "That was Mira, she brought this," He smiled as he placed the container in the kitchen, the idea of food right now made me feel sick.

He walked up to me, pressing the back of his hand to my forehead, he felt cold compared to me right now. "She said that you're so sick because your body can't fight the sickness like I can, I burn through it before it even effects me." I know it isn't his fault that he can fight off sickness better, but I'm still grumpy.

"S-Screw you dra-Dragneel," I wheezed out between coughs, my entire body shaking as I tried to remove the never-ending amounts of slime that was stuck in my throat. This wasn't just a regular cold, I guess you could call them 'magical germs'. It could be things like slime in your throat, parasites that cause you to act out aggressively, there have even been rumours that one can swap your gender, but that's never been confirmed.

His hand instantly flew to my back, gently rubbing and patting as I tried to stop coughing. "I'll get you some more water," He said before pushing off his knees and walking to the kitchen, the quiet sound of him rummaging for a clean cup flooding the apartment. "Okay, remember we need to keep you hydrated." Natsu brought in a small glass of water, pressing it to my lips and tilting it back slightly.

"I can hold it myself, I'm not dead," I sneered as I took the cup from his hands, quickly drinking it and throwing it down on the table with a gasp. "Thanks though, I'd kiss your cheek, but I don't want to give you my death curse."

"You'll just have to make up for it when you're well," He said with a quick wink before grabbing plates and cups from around my room, bringing them into the kitchen.

"Since when did you clean? Are you dying too!?" I exclaimed, coughing and wheezing and I got louder.

"I know you like your apartment clean," He said from the kitchen, not turning around to look at me. "I'll have to do this stuff when we're married anyway," He mumbled under his breath, my coughing blocking it out so I couldn't hear.

"You're too good to me, how I got this lucky I'll never know," I smiled (through the pain) as Natsu walked back into my bedroom, sitting down next to me and resting his chin on the bed. I ran my hands through his hair, gently tugging as I smiled down at him. "You're mine now, I'm so happy about that." I felt a possessive streak flare up inside me, the medicine I was on was causing me to be a tad loopy, not like I was drunk or anything, I just had less of a filter.

"Sure you won't get sick of me? That you won't realise I'm not good enough for you?" Natsu was looking up at me, his eyes holding pain and love at the same time, his lips tilted down into a small frown.

"What? Where'd you get that idea from?!" I paused to cough, clearing my throat before I continued. "Everyday I find something new to love... if anything you're too good for me. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to be spending my life with you," I said before ruffling his hair, he was beyond perfect in my eyes. Sure we drive each other crazy, but that doesn't change anything.

"Really?" He was staring at me sceptically like our entire relationship was some elaborate prank set up by Gray and I. Honestly, It wouldn't be that surprising if it was.

"Really." I smiled before my eyes suddenly went wide. "Now if you excuse me." I scrambled out of my bed hastily, rushing to the bathroom before collapsing on the floor. "I have to be sick."

"I GOT YOU A BUCKET FOR A REASON!!" Natsu yelled as he followed me, he didn't want me moving out of bed, his thoughts being if I moved I'd make it worse.

"I'LL DIE BEFORE I USE THAT BUCKET, IT'S DISGUSTING AND UNHYGIENIC!!" I yelled as I leant on the bathroom floor, gagging.

"And lying on the bathroom floor is so much better~," He mocked as he walked in, rolling his eyes at me.

"I swear to god, I WILL puke on you, dragneel," I said as I pointed a shaky finger at him, not moving my body from the floor where I laid. "Don't test me, I have powers beyond your mortal comprehension."

"That being not being able to eat, vomiting, coughing fits, runny noses?" He said counting on his fingers, his stance teasing as he leant on the wall.

"Yes, unless you help me off this damn floor," I threatened as I weakly pushed my torso off the ground.

"I'm only doing this because I love you," He sighed as he grabbed my limp body and carried me bridal style back into my bedroom.

"WAAIIITTT!! Can we watch lion king? It's so boring in my room, we could have a movie night!" I smiled at him while I fought off light coughs.

"The answer to that is always yes."