Epilogue

I walk down the street, looking around me with a small smile on my face. This place hasn't changed at all, has it? It seems like it was the exact same is was five years ago, everything was the same way I remember it, even the broken lamppost on the street I used to walk down daily. God, has it really been this long?

Natsu and I decided to go on a ridiculously long mission, a sort of honeymoon, but in our own special way. We, of course, sent letters down to the guild at least once a week, but it's still been too long since I've seen everyone. Even if I told everyone practically every detail about our lives while we were gone, I left out a specific (and massive) detail. I felt like it was best to tell them in person.

The only person who knew was Juvia, and that's only because she missed us so much that she came to visit each Christmas, but she promised not to tell anyone. We wanted to surprise the guild. Happy knows too, mainly because he's been visiting us, flying back and forth to delivers the letter and just to see us. He's just as much a part of our family as Natsu or I am.

A small girl with chubby cheeks sat on Natsu's shoulders, her short pink hair tied up in pigtails, bouncing and giggling as Natsu ran around, playing with her as we made our way to the guild. God, she was our pride and joy, and the small detail we left out of our letters.

She's turning three in a few weeks, it's going all too quickly. She's got the energy of her father, and the stubbornness of her mother, and a bit of magic from both of us actually. I can't tell you how happy Natsu was when he discovered that his child was a dragon slayer, a water slayer at that.

She wore a small red polka dot dress, a tiny necklace of multicolour (plastic) diamonds around her neck, she was insistent of buying that jewellery, I still remember what she said when she saw it. "MUMMY!!! It's just like your necklace!! I WANT IT!!" She whined and whined when I said that she didn't need it. Natsu was actually the one who gave in and bought it, he's a sucker for her puppy eyes.

"Where are we going, Ava?" Natsu cooed as she held onto her chubby legs, making sure she didn't fall off his shoulders.

"FAIWYTAIL!!" She's still working on her English, she's already learning so quickly, it's a little daunting honestly. I wouldn't trade motherhood for the world. but it's a little scary knowing that I'm holding a tiny life in my hands. If I make a mistake, I could mess my child up for life.

"And whos the best dad ever??" Natsu said again, looking up at her.

"YOU ARE!!" She yelled again, giggling as she threw her hands up.

"Hey, Ava!" I yelled, causing the girl to turn her head and stare at me with her big, onyx eyes. God, she reminded me of her father. "Who's stronger than your dad?"

"YOU ARE!!!" She squealed, bouncing around on her father shoulders, giggling like crazy.

"The betrayal," Natsu seethed, glaring at me, no power behind the glare.

"FAIWYTAIL!!! FAIWYTAIL!!" The girl started chanting as she saw the building get closer and closer, fidgeting and pulling on Natsu's hair as she tried to give him the (less than subtle) hint that she wanted to get down.

She slid off his shoulders, stumbling as she tried to find her balance on her short legs, her not quite having a full grasp on coordination. She started running towards the guild, her legs barely taking her the speed of a light jog. She ran with her legs straight, doing that kind of toddler run where they stumble and sort of limp.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around Natsu waist, resting my head on his shoulder. "We made that," I said to him, not looking away. I still remember childbirth, the pain, the happiness and the fear in the nurse's eyes. I don't remember what I said, but apparently, I was threatening to kill Natsu because he quote 'did this to me' and that I was 'going to divorce him when this was over'. The stronger the child's magic power, the more painful labour is, so let's just say I was in agony.