Plan B? (23)

Juvia's P.O.V.

"Y/N, I'm really sorry about earlier... Juvia thought she saw a cool bird!" I lied as I pat my friends back.

"It's fine, It was just a bit scary," She said as she took a sip of her milkshake I bought her and sighed. I watched as the water droplets fell down the cup, slipping and gaining speed as it fell further, before hitting the ground and pooling at the bottom.

"Well, lucky Natsu was there, right!" I nudged her as I tried to get a reaction.

"Whatever..." She sighed, uninterested in the conversation.

Suddenly the doors swung open and Natsu walked in, he had to go home and clean up after what happened. "I think you should probably go thank him." I pushed her lightly off the seat, trying to forcibly push the two lovebirds together.

She stumbled to her feet and awkwardly walked up to him and waited until she caught his attention. He continued greeting everyone and turned to his left, almost falling on Y/n in the process. "Oh hey Y/N!! I didn't see you there," He laughed as he scratched the back of his neck.

"H...Hey, thanks for you know... saving my life back there, flame breath," She said, but she just couldn't help adding flame breath in there could she.

"I appreciate what you're saying, but did you have to add flame breath?" He mocked.

"Well, at least I said something!!" She yelled back.

"WELL, AT LEAST I DIDN'T FALL OFF A ROOF!"

"I DIDN'T NEED YOUR HELP!!"

"YEAH, I COULD SEE YOU'RE THE LIVING EMBODIMENT OF INDEPENDENCE!!"

"Maybe it didn't happen as planned, but they're back to fighting like normal, so phase one complete?" Gray whispered to me, not taking his eyes off the scene in front of us. They spat insults back

"Phase one complete," I agreed. "Now, phase two, this is where we get them to fully realise how they feel?" I asked.

"Correct, and If all goes according to plan they'll finally fall in love and stop annoying us!" He smiled as he thought about the chance of some quiet time.

"Whilst Juvia does love our plan... isn't the fact that they're both incredibly stubborn and won't listen to anyone a slight issue?" I explained. "Maybe I should just tell Y/N that Natsu likes her... and vice versa."

"If we ask the right questions, it should be okay," He sighed as he thought about it. Surely if they basically described the other person, it would almost turn on a lightbulb and make them realise their feelings.

"Agreed," I smiled and held out my hand, he took my hand in his, shaking it twice before letting go. The contact alone could have been enough to make me faint, but I had to stay strong, for Y/N. Gray walked off soon after, whispering something to Y/N and walked out of the guild, Y/N following close behind.

"New love rival," I muttered under my breath. She may be my best friend, by love rivals are love rivals. I quickly shook off that thought and walked over to Natsu. He was sitting chatting to the rest of his team about their possible next mission. "Hey, everyone! Natsu, Erza, love rival," I smiled, greeting each of them individually.

"Ah, Juvia, lovely as always," She said to me, with a hint of sarcasm.

"Same to you love rival!" I smiled sweetly as Lucy before turning to Natsu "Natsu could you please join Juvia outside?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side.

"Uh, I don't see why not," He cocked one of his eyebrows in confusion but followed me anyway.

We walked to the park just by the guild, the sun was starting to set so all of the children were leaving. Giving us a chance to talk with reasonable privacy. We sat down on the swing sets, pushing off on the ground lightly, swinging back and forth in a rhythmic motion. The sun was falling over the city, giving everything a beautiful orange, red and pink glow. "So, whatcha need?" He suddenly asked.

"Argh, this is a super weird question," I sighed, not wanting to go through with this plan.

"Please! I deal with Y/N on a daily basis, nothing shocks me anymore," He closed his eyes and let out a small laugh, thinking about the weird things she does on a daily basis.

"Uh, it's actually about her."

"Is she okay?" His voice went from casual and jokey to serious and concerned in a second.

"Natsu... what do you think about love?" I asked him, Gray and I had planned this so we'd ask Natsu and Y/N the same questions, so somewhere across Magnolia, Y/N was answering the same question.

"Well, I think we all have a soul mate. If that's what you mean." He looked off into the distance, I guess he was deep in thought.

I was getting nowhere with him, "Yeah, but how do you think she'd act?"

His face went red as he smiled to himself, "She'd be someone who is lovely. The kind of girl who makes you smile, even when you feel like you can't." The smile on his face only got wider, he was clearly thinking about someone. "Oh, and she has to be able to fight!! Someone who I could train with."

I internally screamed, he was literally describing Y/N, yet she didn't come to mind. How dense was he?! "How do you imagine her looking?"

"Uh, well looks aren't a massive thing for me," He smiled as he scratched the back of his neck. "I guess H/C hair is really pretty, but as I said, I don't really care about looks."

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, Gray must be having a similar problem. "Oh, sorry Juvia needs to get to take a call." I walked to where I was out of earshot and accepted his call, making sure he wasn't on speakerphone. "Gray! How'd you go?" I whisper yelled.

"Not good, she's as dense as a brick wall," He groaned into the phone. "You?"

"Exact same here," I sighed as looked back at Natsu who was still swinging. "They really are made for each other, huh?" I smiled to myself slightly.

"That's for certain." He paused, like he was thinking something over in his head. "Got any other plans?" He asked, a lightbulb went off in my head, I knew exactly what to do.

"Well..."