The Aftermath (13)

I watched in amusement as Gray and Natsu went at it again. I snuck in the guild like half an hour ago with the plans to sneak attack Natsu, but It seemed like he had different plans.

I haven't told anyone I've arrived yet, I wanted to make sure that Natsu didn't find out I was here, so I could surprise him and my surprise... I mean pummel into the ground with my new found strength. I just sat as I waited for one of two things

One! Erza comes back from her mission and beats the two of them into submission

Two! Natsu notices that I've come back and he tries to attack me.

I'm personally hoping for the first one so that Natsu will be weaker AND and I can get the first hit in. Something else that I've noticed lately is Gray and Juvia have been getting a lot closer, I mean they're still not best friends or dating, but something's changed between them. I'd like to think it was because of Natsu and I (at least so I didn't go on a date with him for no reason).

I'm honestly really proud of Juvia though, Gray wasn't accepting her feelings so she tried to move on to someone else, then when that person was using her she knew when to back off, she's really grown as a person from that emotionless cloud of gloom she once was.

I still a bit bad for spying on her, meddling in her love life, finding out what she was doing and sharing that with Natsu and then ruining her date... but that's what best friends are for? Yeah, I should probably see how she's going.

"Hey, Juvia! I didn't see you last night, how'd the date go?" I said as I snuck over to my friend.

"Y/N!? When did you get here!" She exclaimed in shock.

"Like half an hour ago, but that doesn't matter. How'd the date go?" I smiled as I looked intently at her, waiting for a response.

"Argh,  It was so weird... The guy turned out to be cheating on his pregnant wife, so a girl named Rachel and her boyfriend picked Juvia up and dropped Juvia off at home... they honestly looked a lot like you and Natsu,"

"O-Oh, really... that's odd, I never expected your date to turn out like that..." I said as I tried to sound shocked like this was the first time I had heard about the previous night's events.

"Yeah, but it made Juvia realise, that she still cares for Gray-sama, and she can't just push that aside, even if he doesn't care for Juvia in return, it's not healthy to try and replace someone you care for with a two minute fling," She sighed as she stared off at the ice wizard... Who was currently on Natsu's back... pulling at his hair?

Speaking of Natsu, Gray punched him square in the nose, sending him skidding across the guild floor, right next to my table... this is my chance.

"Juvia, I'm honestly really interested in your date and we'll talk more about it, maybe over dinner or something tonight, I have something more important to take care of right now," I smiled at my now very confused friend. "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!" I let out a war cry as I jumped off the table, and slammed my elbow into his gut.

Natsu groaned in pain and on instinct kicked me in the gut, throwing me off his (and across the guild) in the process. I slammed into the farthest wall, leaving a 'me' shaped dent in the newly replaced mint condition wall... Master is not going to be happy about that...

I kicked back off the wall, sending myself flying back towards Natsu. "Last night went well, Juvia seems genuinely happy again," I whispered to Natsu before punching him square in the cheek.

"That's good to hear," He whispered back to me... before he punched me in return.

"NATSU!!! Y/N!! GET YOUR BUTTS OUT HERE!!" A monstrous rawr ripped through the guild... Erza's back.I instantly grabbed Natsu by the shoulders and shoved him as far away from me as possible.

"WE WEREN'T FIGHTING!" I squeaked in fear.

"you.... were... FIGHTING!!" She screamed in anger... oops...

"Uh... No?" I whispered as I slowly backed away if she wasn't mad at us for fighting....  what else could she be mad about?

"GET YOUR BUTTS OUT HERE BEFORE I GET ANY MADDER," She hissed and pounded on the door from outside. Natsu and I made eye contact and shot each other a confused look, almost silently asking if the other knew what was happening.

I walked out the guild doors, shutting them behind me and coming face to face with a very... very grumpy Erza.

"Hi Y/N, Natsu, I'm looking for a green haired girl named Rachel... maybe you two have seen her," She hissed through clenched teeth.

"Oh...N-No, I haven't...Who is she" Natsu stuttered as realisation set it... we had been caught.

"Don't you two play dumb with me," She scolded.

"Okay, it was us! But, we had to help Juvia, the guy was a player!" I cried as I pleaded for my life.

"It's okay," she smiled sweetly, like she a little ball of joy and love, "But considering you two love pretending to be a couple to manipulate people... I have the perfect job for you two on our next mission." Her smile and tone instantly morphed from sweet and kind... the sadistic and goddamn terrifying.