Snow Covered Cabin (37)

"Whoa!" Natsu exclaimed with a sparkle in his eye.

"Yeah, I know right." I said in awe as I looked up at the cabin, I've stayed here so many times, but it blows me away every time.  "it's work the hike isn't it," I said with a smile as I turned towards Natsu.

"Totally, I mean walking through snow isn't that pleasant though..." He sighed as he turned around and looked out at the view we had at the top of the mountain. It really was beautiful.

"Pfft, you melt the snow instantly, don't even bother complaining." Happy sighed as he landed in my arms, the tips of his whiskers were covered in ice and his fur was dotted with white from the snow that was falling around us. I cradled Happy in one of my arms while the other reached into my pocket to find my keys.

The small wooden cabin in front of us was a much-needed change in the snow-covered landscape that we had been surrounded by on our hike, the curtains were pulled back and let a warm orange glow flood out through the windows and into the surrounding area. Every part of the roof was covered in snow, except for a small chimney that was wafting smoke into the air, the smell of smoke making us already feel at home.

"Argh, I missed this place!" I smiled as I slotted the key into the lock and turned it and I was given a satisfying click as a reward. "Such a good price too, this place is really a hidden gem," I said as I pushed the door open and walked in, quickly being greeted by the familiar scent of burning fires, wood and fresh snow.

"Woah," Natsu said once again, I'm starting to think I broke him. The cabin had a rather open layout, all of the rooms were connected. The kitchen was directly connected to the living room, no walls separating to two. The only rooms that were separated from the main area were the bathroom and bedroom. Yes bedroom, singular.

"Whoa indeed," Happy said as he jumped out of my arms and started flying around the room, it's a lot bigger than it looks. "WAARRRMM!!" Happy cried as he dive-bombed into the beanbag by the fireplace, snuggling up by the roaring fire.

"FOOD!!" Natsu yelled in a similar fashion as happy did moments ago as he ran into the kitchen, flinging open the cupboards as he stared at the packed shelves of food that he was greeted with.

"Fully stocked kitchen," I informed as I slowly followed him into the kitchen. "It's got everything from peanuts, to pasta," I smirked as I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder.

"This place is so much fancier than I expected." It wasn't really a fancy cabin, it's not like it was made from marble and had chandlers hanging from the ceiling. It was just a simple, yet cosy wooden cabin the in the middle of nowhere.  

"What were you expecting, a cardboard box with 'house' messily scribbled on the lid?" That would be rather funny actually, maybe I'll trick the boys with that one day.

"Well, yeah. Either that or some kind of igloo," He jokingly answered as he started grabbing food off the shelves.

"I'll have you know that Igloos are great at insulating heat! Why else do you think we started building them in the first place!" I snapped back, I was getting rather defensive about something that really didn't matter. I guess I just felt personally attacked because of my magic. "I'm going to unpack, I suggest you do the same." I walked over to the couch and picked up the bag that I had previously dumped there. I heard the quiet tapping of Natsu's feet as he followed me out of the kitchen like a lost puppy.

I walked into the bedroom that I have grown accustomed to and put my bag back down on the bed, I smiled to myself as I remembered how big the bed was, it could easily fit two people, maybe three if they were children. "So big!!" Natsu yelled as he bellyflopped on the bed, running his hands across the silk cover.