Chapter 11

RYAN'S POV

I wait for her to text me all night but she never does. With the odd mood she's been in today I decide not to push it. I mean, she said she would text me and if she doesn't then I will just see her tomorrow.

I sleep fitfully and choose to get out of bed around six since it wasn't worth laying here doing nothing. While showering, I hear my phone go off and practically kill myself on the wet tile to reach it.

___
|Ryan Bradley > Becs - 6:49am|
Received: I'm really sorry for not texting you yesterday - I got held up. I'm just letting you know I don't need a ride today.
___

I answer her immediately, my wet fingers tapping on the screen.

___
|Ryan Bradley > Becs - 6:51am|
Sent: Are you okay?
Received: Yeah just not feeling well.
Sent: Alright, feel better okay?
Received: I'll try :)
Sent: Talk to you later beautiful.
___

She could be telling the truth but something seems off to me.

I finish my shower and drive to school with Alex who doesn't mention anything when we pull right into the parking lot instead of passing it to go towards Becca's house. The school day goes by slowly and the only person I talk to all day is Landon. He read the text aloud over my shoulder at lunch.

___
|Ryan Bradley > Becs - 12:10pm|
Sent: Hey Becs, feeling any better?
___

"She sick?" he asks.

"Do you state the obvious?" I retort. I'm in a crappy mood.

"Geez. Relax Ryan."

I sigh a "sorry." He looks at me inquisitively raising one eyebrow until I explain.

"She was acting weird yesterday and now she claims to be sick. I'm really trying to believe her but I feel like she's trying to avoid me which doesn't make sense because I thought we both had a great time on Saturday." I get all of that out rapidly within one breath.

Landon chuckles. "Why are you so insecure man? I'm sure she's just actually sick. She did look paler than normal yesterday." I look down at my lunch with a frown.

"I just feel like something isn't right. That nagging feeling I had when I first met her went away for a little while but it's coming back. I don't like it."

The rest of the day drags on until I'm lying in bed. Becca never replied to my earlier message and I ignore sounding needy when I shoot her another one.

___
|Ryan Bradley > Becs - 10:43pm|
Sent: Goodnight Becca - I hope to see you tomorrow. I miss you.
___

~~~

Walking into class on Thursday, I'm not surprised to see that Becca is still missing. She has yet to text me back and frankly I'm getting a little irritated. I don't have a temper like some people (aka Landon) but this is starting to push me over the edge; however, I think I'm more worried than upset. The nagging feeling has grown stronger since yesterday and there has to be a reason for it.

Through the following classes I ignore everyone and just texts Becca every now and then, no longer caring if I sound like a chick.

___
|Ryan Bradley > Becs - 2:34pm|
Sent: Becs please at least let me know you're okay. I'm starting to worry.
Sent: Please hunny.
Sent: Becca if you don't want to talk to me anymore that's fine, but I need to know you're alright...
___

I get detention for getting caught using my phone during sixth period so I had to miss practice again. Unsurprisingly, I find Landon I here with me.