Chapter 84

RYAN'S POV

Our school gymnasium looked ridiculous with all the underwater decorations and streamers covering every inch. When the stupid votes came around about the theme I hadn't filled out a ballot because I honestly didn't care, but I should have voted for anything besides this ocean mess.

"Wow, uh, is it always like this?" Becca asked cautiously as if she's trying not to offend me.

"God no." She burst out laughing and immediately dragged me to the dance floor. Her front side was soon pressed against mine and her arms linked behind my neck. I was glad to see she didn't need alcohol in her system to dance close to me like this; she was brave and comfortable enough with me to just have fun. My hands unconsciously gripped her hips tighter and pulled her close. "You do look amazing Becs." I leaned down for what was meant to be a short kiss but ended up being a little too PG-13 (fine maybe R) for the school dance and the vice principal shot us a look that said: you better back it on up Bradley or I'll make sure your mother hears about this! Too bad my mom already knows we sleep in the same bed, but she knows there's no funny business going on. I'm so careful with Becca constantly that my mom jokes about me being too cautious to sleep with her. Anyways, I pulled my head back but didn't move an inch away from my girl. Stupid VP would have to pry my cold fingers off her after he kills me.

The songs started getting more like party music as the night went on. Kate and Mason had disappeared in the crowd and Landon stuck near a table to keep an eye on Bentley. I told him to take it easy because it was kind of coming off as creepy and he did try to be a little subtler at least... Becca felt bad that he was spending the entire dance in a shitty mood so she offered to dance with him for a while.

"Fine but don't go kissing him anymore," I joked and she smacked my arm. As I was chuckling, I went to chat with some guys from the team to congratulate them for our win; the entire team worked hard and it was important that I, as their captain, make them feel appreciated.

"You guys did great yesterday, I hope you celebrated!" I said, in a cheery mood.

"Thanks! Hey your girl's lookin' hot Bradley!" Max, one of the defensive linemen stated.

"Yeah man, you're so lucky. I'm jealous you get to bang that every day... God I can only imagine what she looks like naked," Greg, another teammate, practically shouted at me... what the fuck? At first, I was confused but that turned to pure disgust quickly when I realized he wasn't drunk but just being a pig.

"What the hell is your problem?" I was seething and wanted to knock Greg out cold. He backed away and held his hands up while a few teammates came closer to me, ready to hold me back if I decided to cock a fist.

"Geez I was just messing around Ryan."

"Don't fucking talk about her like that." Greg shook his head apologetically and looked at the ground. He was saved when Tucker mentioned something about Paul's date.

"I thought Paul wasn't serious about that new chick." I spun around and saw Bentley and her 'just friends' date getting a little too friendly. Landon was NOT going to like this. I went in search of him and they weren't too far away from the 'view'. It looked like Paul was really starting to push Bentley a little too far and if I wasn't so close to Landon I'd go over there and kick his ass myself.

"Hey man," I nodded a head towards Bentley and Landon immediately dropped his grip from Becca as his face turned into a menacing glare. There was nothing I could do, he was barreling towards Paul with clenched fists faster than I could blink... this was not going to end well. I grabbed Becca's hand and rushed in the same direction as quick as I could. Paul was blatantly attempting to pull Bentley close when she was fighting it and his hands were gripping her hips to the point that it looked like it hurt. Knowing that Landon had helped Becca time and time again, I had to help him out but I didn't want to leave my girl here alone. The second that Landon's voice rose out above the crowd and music, he ripped Paul off of Bentley and I pulled her towards me.