Chapter 60

REBECCA'S POV

Today I woke up in a cold sweat; I was extremely stressed out all night and didn't sleep much from worrying about seeing Mel today. Obviously, Ryan and all my friends would take my side, but I still didn't want to confront her. Landon texted me yesterday while we were playing Monopoly that I should go to the cops. I didn't want to do that seeing as Kirk could somehow track me down then. Besides, there were no cameras in the locker-room so there wasn't any proof. The only one who saw Mel leaving was Kate but she didn't see the attack.

"What's wrong Becs?" Ryan asked, his voice groggy from sleep. I found his morning voice incredibly sexy but I'm pretty sure all girls are attracted to that.

"I'm just nervous."

"Hey," he turned to look at me and swept some hair away from my face, "You have someone in every single class. We'll all stay by you in the halls and Landon and I will take care of the whole lunch table situation alright? You have nothing to worry about."

Ryan was such a sweetheart. I'm pretty sure he wanted to tell me something important last night involving the l-word but he was convinced I wasn't ready. Maybe I should say it first... I don't know. I feel like he should say it first and not just because he's the guy! I think he won't fully believe me if I say it first just because he's saved me so many times and he'll write it off as me misplacing my trust in him instead of truly loving him. I'll wait for him, if I can, and say it wholeheartedly when the time comes and he'll accept it as the truth.

I lean forward and peck his surprisingly soft lips (I mean I've never seen him use Chapstick... how does that make sense?!)

"I know. Thank you for always being here for me," I say in a soft voice and a lazy smile spreads across his face.

"Always, beautiful," he responds in the same gravelly voice that's so attractive. I can't help myself but poke his adorable dimples which causes him to chuckle. "Get in the shower hot stuff."

Climbing from the warm covers of my bed, I walk to Ryan's side and grab some things off small end table only to let loose a small yelp when he smacks my butt. I swivel around – ready to pretend to scold him but I can't when he looks so cute with blushed cheeks and strong hands held up in surrender.

"I just can't help myself Becs. It's not fair for me to get yelled at!" I just roll my eyes and head towards the bathroom. I love flirty Ryan and can't be mad at him... besides, with my new eating habits (actually being able to eat), my butt did look amazing.

---

"Look at me."

My attention snapped back to Ryan as he stood between my legs by his truck. I was about to climb down when he trapped me on the seat while he was standing with the door open right in front of me. I know he noticed how stressed out I still am about running into Mel.

"Everything's going to be fine. Stay by me, Landon, Mason, or Bentley in the halls okay?" I chuckle a little bit that he included Bentley in his manly group of protectors... "What's so funny?"

"Bentley's like the same size as me but you grouped her with all of you giants." He smiled.

"But she's a firecracker." I couldn't fight him there... In the short time I've known her she's definitely started to show her true self. She's actually really talkative if she knows you and she isn't afraid to stand up for herself. In fact, she had a temper that rivaled Landon's sometimes.

Ryan pecked my forehead before backing up so I could get out of his truck. "Alright, come on." I flinched a little when sliding my backpack on and of course sweet Ryan noticed and held his arm out. I handed him the heavy pack but kept my gym bag firmly on my shoulder – Landon and I were finally going to start defense classes again because I honestly really needed them.