Chapter 94

REBECCA'S POV

We're unbelievable rushed the next morning because we'd fallen asleep without setting an alarm and Alex is the one who woke us up; however, Hannah must have texted him early for him to wake up since we still got to school on time. Classes went by fast in the Friday craze and the excitement of Halloween tomorrow was buzzing through the air. In fact, a few of the teachers had their rooms decorated and adorned costumes to liven things up! It was interesting to see Mr. Monty in a Severus Snape costume but it perfectly matches the demented chemistry teacher look he carries on a daily basis.

At lunch, the seating arrangement was switched up a bit so I was scrunched in between Ryan and Bentley, who sat next to Kate. We girls apparently had to discuss what our costumes would be at tomorrow's party that Johnny was throwing.

"That's why Ryan's hair has gotten so long!?" Kate squealed and threw her head back in laughter.

A few weeks ago, Ryan and I had watched the Twilight Saga movies on Netflix when we played hooky. I joked that he would make a great Edward Cullen so obviously that's what he wanted to dress up as for Halloween and I would be the matching Bella Swan. My pale skin and long black hair already fit in with the character just add some fangs and never smile... I would be set!

"What're you and Mason going as?" I asked her when she finally stopped laughing.

"Well I'm going as Tinkerbelle but I'm not sure what he's doing yet. I tried to talk him into Peter Pan but we'll see... What about you Bentley?"

"I just found out I got off work tomorrow so I don't have anything planned yet."

We chatted about other random things but ultimately decided we'd go shopping tonight since the football game is a few hours away and not a drive we were willing to make. I still had to bring up the idea to Ryan but I'd wait until the end of the day: I know he won't be thrilled with the idea of us girls going out without any of them there but we'd be careful.

Biology went by extra slow as Pollens lectured about zygotes for over forty minutes. I mean c'mon, this is an advance class so I think we all understood within the first ten yet she droned on forever. Ryan whispered things in my ear throughout class though so that made it a little more interesting. He said things like: "I love when you wear my jersey, you look so hot in it," and "Your hair smells really good today Becs." He was too cute for his own good.

---

It was the end of the day and I was working up the nerve to ask Ryan if I could go shopping tonight with Kate and Bentley. It wasn't that I needed his permission to go, but I felt better about going if I knew he had no problem with it because then I would have no worries about it being dangerous for me.

"What's wrong Becs?" Ryan's eyes scanned my face and read immediately that I was nervous. He hovered over me and kept me close to the lockers while he looked around the hallway for anything unusual.

"No, it's not that," I mumbled, reaching for his jaw and pulling his head down to look at me. "I was just wondering if I could go shopping with the girls tonight."

"Were you afraid to ask me that?" He looked almost offended.

"I wasn't afraid really, just nervous."

"Why Becs?" I shrugged in response and he sighed. "You don't need my okay you know that right? I'm glad you let me know because I worry about you constantly but I'm not going to keep you locked in the house babe."

"I know! I was just nervous you'd think it was stupid of me to even think of going – especially with how things with Kirk were going lately." Ryan's hands covered my cheeks and he kissed me lips softly.