Chapter 73

REBECCA'S POV

Mason and Kate finally made it downstairs about a half hour later and somehow convinced us to pop in a horror movie while working on our homework. I guess horrors weren't really that bad when you had all the lights on and had your focus on something else, but the movie kept grabbing my attention and I couldn't concentrate on studying for the chemistry test we'd have in two days. Thankfully, a few minutes after Bentley arrived (and Landon fetched her pizza by the way) Ryan and I snuck off to the kitchen.

"Becs, where are you getting the bottom half of this equation from? You just have to copy what's in the parenthesis and that's the dividend – not whatever you're making up." Ryan is an extremely patient person, especially when it comes to me, but I could tell that me continuously getting this wrong was starting to wear on him.

"I don't know! I'm sorry!" After twenty minutes of doing stoichiometric equations, I was just done. My head flew forward and landed in my book with a thud.

"I think we need a study break," Ryan said somewhat slyly so I lifted my head to investigate. He was smirking and waved me over by nodding his head. Right when I stood up, he grabbed my legs and lifted me to straddle his lap. "Much better," he incoherently mumbled seconds before his lips connected with mine. After a few minutes of bliss, I forced myself away which was accompanied by a deep growl from Ryan.

I whispered softly: "I love you." His eyes almost twinkled and his lustful face now revealed a huge smile.

"I love you too Becs, so much." He leaned his forehead against mine and we just sat staring at each other for a little while to calm down. "I think we can study more tomorrow when everybody else isn't here... is that okay with you?" Nodding, we head back into the living room and Bentley sends me a smirk; she knows what we were up to!

"So, what do the sleeping arrangements look like tonight, Kate?" Ryan asked politely and Mason spoke out right away.

"I get dibs on Kate's bed! Sorry girls..." I rolled my eyes and chuckled, not sure if he meant for that to sound like he's sorry we can't sleep with her or if he's sorry we can't sleep with him. Honestly, with his personality it could go either way. "There's the guest room or the living room," he offered. I really wanted to sleep with Ryan but I had a strong feeling that Bentley wouldn't want to bunk with Landon even if they slept on separate couches.

"Becca and Ryan can have the guest room and Bentley can have the living room, I'll just go home for the night," Landon stated like there would be no other discussion about it.

"You don't have to... there're two couches," Kate explained sadly but somewhat understood that he was trying to keep Bentley from feeling uncomfortable. Since when does that happen?

"It's fine." He got up to leave and Mason and Kate said their goodbyes while retreating up the stairs. Ryan was about to drag me along too but I caught the almost frantic look on Bentley's face so I nodded towards Landon with a smile. She got the memo and spoke up just before his hand reached the doorknob.

"You can stay. I mean you don't have to leave just because of me... unless you want to. But, uhm, there are two couches so it isn't a big deal." Ryan threw me over his shoulder and trudged up the stairs despite my whining but I still heard Landon's "are you sure?" before the guest room door was closed behind us.

"You can't be so obvious Becs, just let it happen," Ryan said with a chuckle before setting me on the bed.

"Is he staying over though?"

"Well I didn't hear his bike start up." I smiled wide and Ryan full on belly laughed at me. "You're too cute."

"Don't you think they'd be good together?" I was already in my pajamas but Ryan just chose to strip to his boxers and climb in bed beside me.