Chapter 93

REBECCA'S POV

"Ten more Becca you can do it!" Landon urged me to continue doing sit ups even though my abdominal muscles were seriously burning.

"I'll do twenty if you talk about Bentley while I do them."

"How about you do the ten and stay quiet." He rolled his eyes but I saw the corners of his mouth twitch up.

"I know you want to talk about it. Deep down you want to and I keep your secrets Landon."

"Thirty and it's a deal." I immediately start doing the sit ups as an answer. "I like her okay?" I continue my exercise silently wondering if I care enough to do the extra twenty sit ups. "I like her but I don't know how to talk to her. I was afraid I hurt her and she just pulled away after that – now she's talking to Paul again even though he's jackass."

"I'm sorry she isn't talking to you right now but you didn't hurt her Landon." The hurt in his eyes showed the remorse he felt no matter what I said. "Just give her a little time... I'll keep telling her Paul is bad for her but you need to suck it up and go after her okay? None of this tough guy act you do. If you want her you need to show her."

"I'm trying. She's just so passive about everything." I nod as I finish my extra sit ups and he helps me stand. "I'm bringing you home again right?"

"Yep!" He grabbed my bags and held out his hand for the walk to his bike. "Landon?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you. You know that right?" He chuckled a bit and yanked me closer to his side.

"Yeah, I love you too Becca."

---

I got home before anyone else and invited Landon in, but he politely declined and said he had some laundry to do. I worry about him a lot – he should have someone to look after him. These thoughts continued while I showered until I was disrupted by Ryan rapping on the door.

"You coming in?"

"I would but I know we'd take too long. Alex wants you to please hurry because his date is coming over for dinner."

"Really?!" Ryan chuckled.

"Yes. And he needs to shower." I was almost done anyways so I quickly rinsed my conditioner and whipped open the curtain to see Ryan still standing there smirking at me.

"Towel?" He held out a white towel while his eyes perused my body.

"Yes please." I smiled and continued with my flirty manner from this morning and held my arm out as well so he would have to walk it to me. His eyes scanned up and down slowly as he made his way across the small room. As soon as I wrapped the cloth around me, his hands were on my hips and his mouth was covering my own.

"Becs, you're literally killing me today." Ryan's voice was deep and hoarse – incredibly sexy.

"You guys almost done in there?! Hannah's going to be here in fifteen minutes!" Alex was yelling from the hall so I tried to pull away but Ryan had different ideas and swept me up into his arms bridal style and swung open the door. A wide-eyed Alex swiftly moved out of the way, wary of Ryan's crazed eyes as he carried me straight into his bedroom.

"Ryan?" My voice was muffled by his lips crashing against mine once again while his hands swept across my towel covered body. When he got to the bottom his hands slipped underneath and landed on my bare stomach as he hovered above me to start kissing my neck in places that made me light headed. His breathing changed and he pushed himself down on me – the friction driving me wild.

"Becs, you're driving me crazy. You're so sexy." My hands moved from their spot buried in his hair to his jaw where I stroked lightly and brought his face back to look in his smoldering eyes. "I love you so much baby."

"I love you too Ryan." I was so ready for what I thought was about to happen but his body soon rolled off me and he lay looking at the ceiling with deep breaths. I was shocked when his face turned towards me and I saw the amount of love in his eyes.

"You..." he was having trouble finding his words. "Becs, you mean everything to me. When I'm not with you, I'm thinking about you and when I'm with you, you just drive me crazy. You're so perfect – you're funny, intelligent, brave, strong, so beautiful... I love you so much that I can't even put it into words." I felt myself tearing up before the speech was even over. He meant absolutely everything to me too but I was too busy blubbering that I couldn't get anything out. Ryan didn't mind though, he just wiped my tears and smiled like this was the happiest he's ever been. I loved him so much too.

---

Ryan and I stayed in our little cocoon until Alex called us down for dinner. I sent Ryan off to shower quickly while I got dressed in some comfy clothes, then we went downstairs together.

"Ryan, Becca, this is Hannah." Alex introduced us right away and he was right – she was gorgeous, but not in an intimidating way. She had long, curly red hair and green eyes with TONS of freckles. I saw her car in the front yard when we walked down the steps. It was a yellow Volkswagen Beetle and seemed to fit her personality from what I'd noticed so far. She was super outgoing and seemed gullible, although I guess the polite term would be overly trusting.

We chatted with them for a while and ate some takeout Chinese but then gave them some privacy in the living room. Ryan and I did homework before playing some Xbox (I was getting really good at the different Call of Duty games.) It was past eleven when we finally decided to lie down for the night.

"You haven't gotten any texts still right?" Ryan was gently running one hand through my hair while the other rested on my hip.

"Right."

"That's good, right?" He knew I was on the fence about it because Kirk was always plotting something...

"I mean yeah, it's good, but it scares me a little bit. No texts mean he's doing something else you know?" Ryan instinctively tightened his grip on my side and pulled me a little closer to him.

"I know, but I'm here hun. I will never let anything happen to you okay?" I nodded and rested my head on his muscular shoulder. It wasn't that I didn't trust Ryan because I would honestly trust him with my life – It's just that I know firsthand what my step-father is capable of and I'm not sure if we'd be prepared for everything he had up his sleeve.