Chapter 96

REBECCA'S POV

We finally got home around one in the morning and were beat. Bentley was spending the night because she was afraid of inconveniencing her foster parents since she forgot her house key.

"I don't expect you to sleep by me Becca; I know you sleep with Ryan every night... I understand," she said as soon as we walked into my room. I really did want to sleep with Ryan but I wanted to keep Bentley company too – she really needed someone to be with her right now, especially after her confession of feeling lonely before.

"Maybe we can slumber party in the living room?" I suggested questionably and the smile on her face told me I was right, she didn't want to be alone.

"Okay. Thanks Becca." I smiled and grabbed my pillows and blankets to head downstairs while she grabbed some more comfortable clothes from my dresser.

"What are you doing?" Ryan asked cutely from the staircase as I was struggling to carry everything to the living room.

"Bentley said I could sleep with you but I don't want to leave her alone... so can you sleep on the couch with me?"

"Of course baby." He kissed my lips and took the blankets from my arms. "Go grab my blankets too so there's enough for everybody." I did what he said and brought Bentley back with me.

Ryan's L-shaped couch was perfect for this. Bentley got one side and Ryan and I both took the other with everyone's feet meeting in the corner. I mean a bed would obviously be more comfortable but I'm pretty sure Bentley wouldn't like sharing a bed with Ryan and vice versa. I chose a chick flick on Netflix, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and snuggled into Ryan's chest, ready to fall asleep.

---

I'm slightly shaken awake but open my eyes to complete darkness confused out of my mind. I realize I'm in the living room and with Ryan but why am I being woken up?

"Becs, you're okay." Ryan's hold tightened on me when my body tensed from the confusion.

"Ryan?"

"Yeah baby it's me," he cooed while reaching his thumbs up to wipe liquid from my eyes. What the hell?

"Am I crying?" His rough hands paused and he tilted my chin up slightly to look in my eyes although it was pitch black in here.

"Uh... yeah. I thought you were having a bad dream. You were moving around and like whimpering."

"I don't remember that." Ryan quietly chuckled and pecked my lips.

"You're funny. I wouldn't have woken you up but I didn't want to wake Bentley if it got really bad." I completely forgot she was in here, but in my defense, I hadn't really had time to collect myself.

"Sorry."

"No baby. What are you apologizing for you silly girl?"

"I woke you up." He squeezed me tight against his hard, muscular chest.

"I don't care about that. I love you Becs." His hands massaged my head from deep within my hair and I returned to sleep in no time at all.

---

I was the first to wake up and just lay still with Ryan so he could keep sleeping. I gazed up at his face and really noticed that he looked a silly with the longer hair, it didn't quite suit him but we already had plans to cut it off right after tonight's Halloween party. I was pretty much giddy for this weekend – there was shopping with the girls yesterday, Johnny's party tonight, and my 18th birthday on Sunday. As we got closer and closer to my 'adulthood' Ryan and I have discussed taking out a restraining order starting November 1st so if I received anymore texts then legal action could be taken. The best part is that we did some research and found out you can take out a restraining order anywhere but it applies in all jurisdictions. In other words, we could get everything into motion away from here where all of Kirk's friends are.