Chapter 103

RYAN'S POV

Will pressed his face against the door and listened for any sign of movement on the other side. The jiggle of the doorknob was almost unnoticeable but as soon as the metal rattled, the smallest of whimpers was heard from inside. When he was sure it'd be safe, he motioned for us to get behind him so he could kick the door free since it was locked.

"Ryan, you go in first and go straight to Becca. Do you understand?" I nodded, even though he couldn't see me in the dark hallway, but I couldn't get words to come out. He continued anyways: "Landon you need to keep an eye on Ryan and Mason and Alex are responsible for scanning the room for any threats. I'll stay near the door on watch so nobody can come in alright?"

"Yea," I said, literally jumping in place and waiting for the door to be gone so I could see my beautiful girl.

With one quick motion, the heavy metal door flew open with Will barreling right in behind it. My eyes immediately caught Becca's from across the horribly lit room and I sprinted towards her. She was shaking, her eyes wide with fear. I couldn't see much but there was so much bruising on her face where I saw the cut before and her dress was torn open with horrid looking wounds hidden beneath.

She started crying as her hands were held above her like in one of the photos I saw... had she been in this position since then? I gently brushed her hair away, as if I needed to touch her for proof that this was real, and moved my body close to hers while she sobbed in relief.

"You're okay baby, I'm here," I cooed and cautiously roamed my hands against her back and pulled her against me lightly as to not cause her pain. I just had to comfort her because I knew she was hurting so badly. "I'm so sorry I left you alone Becs. I'm so, so sorry." Tears probably streamed down my face as soon as I caught sight of her, but I didn't notice them until now.

"Ryan," she whimpered, not quiet believing I was really there until I held her close. "Get me out of here," she whispered hoarsely and so quietly I almost couldn't hear her. My heart was filled with relief that she was going to be okay.

"I need to get you down but I don't want you to fall hun. Is there anywhere that doesn't hurt too much?"

"L-legs," she stuttered quickly and I called Landon over to help all the while over thinking about what could have happened that made her entire body hurt so badly that we could only support her with her legs.

Landon knelt and grabbed around her thighs while resting her backside against his shoulder to support her so I could reach up and try to untangle the ropes her small hands were tied in. Will came over with a knife from his belt and said he'd sent Alex and Mason back to the squad – the same way we came in – to radio the others since the building cut the signal on the walkie talkie he had. As soon as Becca was cut free, a loud bang echoed through the dim room and her body sagged to the ground as Landon sprang up and ran towards the door yelling.

"Becs!" I caught her around her waist and she screamed in pain. "I'm so sorry baby, hold on." Lowering her to the ground, I gently set her down and turned to look at the others in the room. Will had his gun poised and ready to shoot so I did the first thing I could think of and covered Becca's entire body with my own as best as I could without hurting her. "It's okay. You're okay. We have back up outside." I felt her silent tears against my cheek where our faces touched slightly from the close contact. "I love you so much Becs. I'll get you out of here hunny." I tried to focus on what was going on in the room but I couldn't when my sweet girl was still in danger... we might not make it out alive.

LANDON'S POV

When Will finally kicked in that damn door and I saw Ryan sprint across the room, I knew we'd found her. The adrenaline pumping through my system was more powerful than anything I've ever felt before, even stronger than during my fights. I kept my eyes on him – oblivious to everything else going on around me – and felt my heart tug at the relief in her eyes as he tried to comfort her without causing her more pain. When he asked me to help him out, I was there in a second and only then looked towards the entrance of the room...

There stood Kirk, shooting at Will since I'm sure it was the first person he'd seen. I didn't want to hurt Becca but I knew this would turn bad quickly if something wasn't done, so I dropped her unfortunately at the same moment Ryan must have gotten her free, and ran towards her son of a bitch step-father.

He was speaking, but I didn't hear a word.

He was aiming, but I didn't falter from my path.

He pulled the trigger, but I didn't feel a thing.

I fell, and the world went dark.

RYAN'S POV

Shots rang throughout the room as I curled my body around Becca's to keep her safe. Anything could happen to me – I would take anything the world threw at me if it would mean her safety, even if it cost my life.

I heard when the backup entered the room and cautiously picked my head up to look around when it got significantly quieter.

"You're good Ryan. An ambulance is on its way. The area is secure," Will stated and strode out of my view. I sat up completely and gently lifted Becca's head to rest on my legs as she continued crying.

"It's okay baby, you're safe. Help is coming," I reassured her and carefully massaged her head beneath the dark mop of hair. The rest of the group came in and Bentley's sudden screeching sounded through the concrete room causing my head snapped to up just in time to see her throw herself my Landon's side.

There, my friend lay in a growing pool of his own blood while Will pressed against a gaping hole in his chest, trying to stop the deep red liquid from seeping out. His eyes were closed, and his body was completely still as Bentley's wracked with loud sobs and the only thing I could do was watch.

"You're okay Becs. It's alright. Just look at me baby." Her blue eyes didn't need to see what had happened but I think she already knew...