Chapter 85

REBECCA'S POV

I woke up with my head on Ryan's bare chest and just reveled in the moment about how much this man meant to me. I can't believe I wanted to 'move to the next level' last night and he stopped me... I mean, I know why he did and I'm kind of thankful for it but another part of me wishes otherwise. I'm pulled from my thoughts when there's a small knock on my door.

"Come in!" I try to say gingerly without stirring Ryan but he's too light of a sleeper and his gray eyes soon catch on mine with a smile.

"Hey, sorry," Bentley peeks her head through a crack in the door. "I was just wondering if I could borrow some clothes when I get out of the shower... I don't, uh, have anything besides my dress..."

"Yeah no problem – towels are under the sink." She nods and leaves, quietly shutting the door behind her so I look to Ryan in surprise.

"I heard them go to my room right before I fell asleep," he mentions and tucks his head in the crook of my neck sleepily. "I don't want to get up but we have to go eat with everyone at ten I think. What time is it?"

"Just after eight." I feel him smile against my skin and peck me softly.

"Good."

---

I woke up again about twenty minutes later when Bentley snuck into my room wearing Landon's shirt from last night hopefully over some panties. Climbing out of bed carefully, I walked to my dresser and pulled open two drawers – one with bottoms and the other with some comfy t-shirts and sweatshirts.

"I'm going to head into the shower quick before Landon or Ryan gets in there and uses all the hot water. Take whatever you need and I'll leave the door unlocked in case you need anything from the bathroom."

"Thanks," she says softly while glancing at Ryan in my bed.

"Oh," I smile so she knows I'm not actually upset about what I'm going to say, "Don't think you can just get away with sleeping with Landon and not telling me about it!" Bentley giggles and nods her head just before I sneak off to the shower.

I'm rinsing out my shampoo when I hear a loud knock on the bathroom door followed by a pretty muffled voice.

"Sweetheart?" Ryan must open the door because his voice is much clearer the second time around. "Mason just texted me and moved breakfast up to nine thirty because Kate has some family thing at eleven. I'm not trying to rush you but could you please hurry a tiny bit so I can shower before we go?" I laugh at his sweetness.

"Yeah I'll be out in a second. Just let me add some conditioner okay?" Peeking out from the curtain, I see Ryan cutely nodding his head in agreement. "Or you could just shower with me..." His eyes grow large and fill with lust. Just before I move the curtain back he snaps them closed and backs towards the door.

"Becs, come on. I can't shower with you now are you crazy? Before I knew I couldn't touch you but that's not fair when I know you want me to now... I'll be in the hall." Surprisingly I don't feel hurt at all by his words because of the way he acted. I only meant it as a joke and truthfully wouldn't have minded him joining me but maybe I should play it down a little. He's trying really hard to be a gentleman and I keep screwing it up. I quickly finish up my shower in record time and tightly wrap a towel around myself before opening the door.

"Sorry." Ryan's eyes peruse my body like there's no towel there and then looks to me confused when he registers what I said. "You're being sweet and I'm acting like a slut."

"You are not a slut," he says with a deep chuckle. "You're so sexy without even knowing it and that gets me so riled up – it makes it hard to control myself around you babe but I have to." He smirked and grasped my waist tightly and drew me against him. "That doesn't mean you have to go all nunnery on me Becs. I can handle it."

I could feel how riled up he was (against my stomach) and soon found myself in dreamland as his lips collided with mine in a devouring make out session.

"Geez." I blushed as soon as the embarrassing thought left my mouth and Ryan's masculine laugh filled the hallway. He kissed me a few more times and when he reopened his eyes, the dark lust color was replaced with the normal loving gray.

"You're beautiful Becs and don't you forget it. Now chop chop." He playfully smacked my butt before closing the bathroom door while I stood in the hallway like a dope.

"Hubba hubba!" I spun around with insanely heated cheeks and spotted Landon leaning against Ryan's doorway with his arms crossed and his classic smirk on his face. I couldn't even act like I wasn't embarrassed and practically sprinted into the safety of my room without glancing at Landon once more but heard him chuckle at my actions... great. Bentley giggled at my expression but soon grew serious when I asked her what happened last night.

---

Later, we had to figure out a way to return Mason's van so Landon loaded his bike into Ryan's truck, and then drove the van with Bentley to the diner while Ryan and I rode in said truck – it took a lot of thinking, believe me.

"Did you talk to Bentley this morning?"

"Yeah," I look to Ryan and he smiles sheepishly not wanting to directly ask for the gossip. "You're going to want to wash your sheets I think..."

"Really?! Wow I didn't think he was going to start dating anyone, I'm really happy for him!"

"Uh, no." He turned his head to look at me quickly before retraining his eyes on the road.

"What do you mean uh, no? Don't tell me he just slept with her and then nothing." I didn't respond because that's exactly what Bentley told me. "Becs, what did Bentley say?"

Flashback

"So," I said ignoring her teasing gaze, "What happened between you and Landon last night?" Bentley immediately looked down and played with her hands.

"Well... um..." I started slipping clothes on underneath my towel as she struggled to find the right words to say.

"Just spit it out."

"I slept with him!" She cautiously looked up at me but I was surprised to see there were no tears in her eyes.

"Like slept slept or slept?"

"The second one..." My jaw must have quickly hit the floor because she was fast to defend herself. "I don't regret it Becca – I just, I don't know what to do now. I know he doesn't want a relationship but I can't just take away how I feel about him." I finished dressing and sat on the bed with her.

"What makes you think he doesn't want a relationship with you? He obviously cares about you or he wouldn't have responded like he did last night."

"Well I know he at least cares about me and feels something towards me but I don't think he's planning to act on it. He stayed close and was there for me yesterday but woke up distant this morning... I showered so early just to escape the awkwardness and then hid out in your room like a dork." She covered her face with her hands and exhaled loudly.

"You two need to talk I think." Bentley nodded while keeping her face covered. "You'll have some alone time on the drive to breakfast – maybe you can get all the weirdness situated before facing the group again."

"Yeah, we'll probably do that. Thanks Becca, for everything." I nudged her arm in a loving manner and we both smiled.

End of Flashback

"So they're talking it out... I hope that goes well otherwise breakfast is going to be mighty awkward." I playfully slap Ryan's forearm and he chuckles before pulling into a parking space at our favorite diner. "Mason and Kate are already here, he texted me. Ready?" We both climb out the driver side and walk hand in hand to the large corner booth.

"Where's the other two?" Mason asked almost immediately and Ryan just shrugged. The four of us chatted and ordered drinks until Landon and Bentley strolled in maybe ten minutes later. I tried hard but I couldn't decipher any emotions off either of their faces... neither seemed too upset but didn't seem very happy either. What was going on?