Chapter 75

REBECCA'S POV

I woke completely refreshed on Wednesday morning and snuck off to shower before anyone else got the chance. Today the dress up day was class colors. The seniors had red because apparently it went somewhat in rainbow order... Mason explained that seniors got red because it's the 'toughest' apparently while freshman got purple because it's lame. I didn't quite understand the logic there but it didn't bother me too much; red is my favorite color and it looks amazing on me with my pale skin, black hair, and icy blue eyes. A knock on the bathroom door had me rushing the end of my shower to find Kate looking frantic in the hall.

"Do you know what you're wearing today?"

Her eyes were wide and she literally paced back and forth. She wore a short robe that blew back when she walked so I had to focus on her face – who knows what she has on under there after spending the night with Mason.

"Uhm... something red... why? Aren't you wearing your cheer uniform?"

"No. I got kicked from the team yesterday." I was so shocked I almost dropped my towel.

"What?!"

"Yeah, Mel is a captain and had Izzy's help riling up the squad so I got kicked by a vote." She didn't seem too upset about it but I couldn't be too sure.

"I'm so sorry Kate! It's all my fault."

"No it isn't! Honestly, you know I wasn't really into it anyways. I joined the team a few years back because of my so-called friends. You know I'm more into art and freestyle dance than some routine... plus I have real friends now." She sent me a genuine smile and I couldn't help but wrap my arms around her.

"Woah," I heard a deep intake of breath from one side of the hall to match the deep 'woah' coming from the other side. I found out the one talking was Mason since he continued: "Becca you should come over more often in case I can't keep this memory alive for long." Kate rolled her eyes and pulled away a little too quick and I couldn't readjust my towel fast enough.

Thankfully, Ryan strode across the hallway and wrapped me in a hug to block anyone's view: except now my entire front side was naked and pressed up against his shirtless torso so I'm not sure which scenario would have been less embarrassing.

"Geez, we'll give you two some privacy," Mason chuckled before Kate dragged him towards the shower. I heard Ryan's chest rumble with a deep growl and looked up to see him glaring at his supposedly good friend which got me giggling.

"What's so funny? You should be more careful," he scolded after snapping his eyes down to me.

"Oh be quiet you brute and kiss me." He still looked something between stressed out and pissed off but leaned down to smack my lips loudly anyways.

"I love you," he said after a few more kisses, "and that means nobody can see you naked except me." I burst out laughing full on until he cracked and started smiling too.

"I love you too Ryan."

After that, he slowly leaned back with a smirk and rewrapped my towel around me at turtle speed before grabbing some clothes and heading downstairs to shower in a different bathroom. I sped off into the guest room and rifled through my backpack to find something to wear. I know Ryan threw red clothes in there for me since he was most adamant about participating in the dress up days, I just hoped what he packed would look decent on me. After looking for a few minutes and only pulling out a red bra, I roll my eyes and cautiously head to Kate's room. Thankfully Mason had already gone to the kitchen so Kate could maybe lend me a red shirt.