Chapter 86

REBECCA'S POV

The two were pretty quiet during breakfast – not unusual for Landon – and left quickly after on the motorcycle.

"Did something happen between them last night?" Kate was just being sympathetic but I didn't want to tell her anything without Bentley's consent.

"I'm not sure," I mention and Ryan swoops in to change the subject.

"They stayed over but we were kind of in a rush this morning since somebody had to change the time." He glanced at Kate and she held her hands up.

"Hey! It's not my fault my parents planned a going away lunch without telling me about it!" We all laughed at her parents and their chaotic way of life.

"Where are they off to this time?" I asked.

"Who knows? Somewhere in Europe I think." I sigh.

"I wish I could travel that much."

"Really? I love being home, there's nothing more relaxing." Mason says but catches on and looks apologetic.

"I know what you meant." He looks relieved and Ryan pulls me into his side.

"So, do you guys have like a ton of homework to catch up on?" Kate breaks the quiet moment and we all groan.

"Yes! I don't know how because it seemed like we didn't do much in class either but I'm behind in about three classes," I say and Ryan chuckles.

"Well you guys have fun with that," Mason starts, "but we have to get going... Kate's parents will get even more long winded if we're late." We all laugh and pay the bill before heading our separate ways.

---

The night is filled with homework and Chinese food until Ryan and I finally get a chance to cuddle in his bed (with fresh sheets I might add) and watch Netflix. I don't want to be a bother but I text Bentley and tell myself it's alright because I didn't bug her about it the whole day...

___

|Becca Hanson > Bentley – 10:07pm|

Sent: Hey. Did you and Landon talk?

Received: Yeah. I think we're just going to see how it goes...

Sent: What does that mean?

___

"Texting Bentley?" Ryan's reading over my shoulder.

"Yeah but you already knew that." I smile and lean back so he can give me a quick peck.

"I'm not sure what will happen between her and Landon baby but I think they need to work it out themselves."

"I know, I'm just making sure she knows I'm here for her Ryan!" He chuckles and hugs me tight with his arms wrapped around my stomach as I'm sitting between his legs and leaning into his chest.

"I know hun. I'm sure she's thankful for that." I hum in response and look down at my phone when it buzzes in my palm.

___

|Becca Hanson > Bentley – 10:09pm|

Received: We both talked a little bit about our pasts – even though he confessed that you know more about him than anyone else – and acknowledged the fact that we have feelings for one another but we aren't going to be a couple or anything right now.

Sent: And you're okay with it? I'm not trying to sound judgmental or anything either, it just comes through that way in text.

Received: Lol I know... and I'm okay with it for now. I know he cares about me and I care about him so I guess we'll just see where the wind blows us.