Chapter 50

REBECCA'S POV

Ryan looked so sexy strutting out to the field. When the player next to him pointed in my direction, I held up the silly sign that Kate helped me make and cheered loudly. He smiled at me and waved, causing the group of girls in front of me to whirl around and see who he was waving at. That suddenly gave me the extra push to be flirty so I blew my man a kiss.

"Isn't he your boyfriend?" one of the snooty girls asked while nodding towards Landon. I didn't get a chance to answer before her friend butted in. "Or is Ryan Bradley your boyfriend?"

I smirked at Landon who didn't want to be thrown to the wolves once these girls found out he was single; however, I didn't want them drooling all over Ryan either.

"I'm actually dating both of them," I said smarmily before winding my arm around Landon's waist; I man hey I might as well go with the rumors Mel and Izzy were spreading about me. He smiled and kissed the top of my head before turning his attention back out to the field where I cheered for Ryan once again. The look on their bitchy faces was so worth it.

"Thanks," Landon whispers after they turn around and I nod.

~~~

I'm enjoying the game: especially because I understand the plays a little more than last time. The excitement is flowing through me when the score gets tied up but that all leaves me quick when Alex comes running up the bleachers. Landon notices and pulls me tight against him.

"What's up?" he asks Alex gruffly as soon as he reaches us.

"Kirk's here showing your picture to everyone." Alex is flushed and out of breath. I'm assuming he ran around looking for us for a while.

I feel Landon's fingers twitch and the grasp my hip tighter. All my excitement from the game is replaced with fear. Why would he come to a game that's a two-hour drive away?

"Let's go Becca," Landon muttered and started making his way down the bleacher stairs. "Alex, you coming or finding a ride home?"

"I have a ride already. I'm going to stay here and keep an eye on Kirk. You guys get out of here," he said while tossing us the truck keys. Landon keeps a tight grasp on my waist and pulls me closer as we flee the stadium area. He brings me around to the driver side and swiftly lifts me into the truck and climbs in behind. I don't even have time for my shaky hands to fasten my seatbelt before he's tearing it out of the parking lot.

"Does Kirk know who Alex is?" Landon asks.

"I d-don't think so but him and Ryan kind of l-look alike." My voice is shakier than my hands and it's very noticeable and Landon shoots me a concerned look.

"I want you to call Alex okay?" I pull my new phone from my back pocket and scroll through the few contacts that were entered.

"Becca," his voice makes me look at him, "Calm down okay? He didn't follow us, we've been driving for a few minutes now. I just want to make sure he doesn't follow Alex and his ride or follow Ryan back after he gets dropped at the high school." Landon speaks clearly and calmly, usually he mumbles more.

I do as he says and try to relax as it's ringing.

"Becca?" Alex answers almost immediately.

"H-hey Alex."

"Becca put it on speaker," Landon orders before talking directly to Alex while both his hands grip the steering wheel tightly. "Alex. Is he still there?"

"Yeah he's asking random people if they know you. He looked at me funny but just walked away and continued what he was doing."

"Does he know who you are?" I ask.

"I don't think so; maybe he thought I looked familiar?" I look at Landon and he shrugs.

"Make sure you aren't tailed when you leave alright? We don't need this bastard figuring out where you guys live."

"Sounds good Landon. I texted Ryan but you should too Becca," Alex says.

"I will. Text me when the game is over," I said right before hanging up. There's a little bit of a silence for a few minutes but I have calmed down some. I'm safe, I'm with Landon, and Kirk is nowhere near me, I have no reason to feel frightened right now. I decide to text Ryan, thinking that if anything would calm me down it would be him.

___
|Becca Hanson > Ryan - 8:24pm|
Sent: Hey Ryan. I'm sorry we had to leave your game early. I hope it ended well! You know who showed up and Landon whisked me outta there. Alex stayed at the game and has been keeping an eye out. Please be careful that he doesn't follow one of you guys home from the high school... I'll see you at home.
___

He doesn't answer and for a while I assume the game is still going on but I start to worry more when I know it should be over and I still don't get any texts. That isn't like Ryan. He will usually at least respond and say, 'yeah see you soon' back. Landon notices and tries to preoccupy me once we get back to the Bradley's.

"We can practice COD more or bake some cookies. What do you want to do Becca?" he offers, but nothing sounds interesting. I'm too worried about Kirk and the fact that Ryan hasn't responded.