Chapter 70

REBECCA'S POV

After our shower together – where Ryan was very careful about keeping his hands on my waist, I might add – we both plopped on the couch to see Landon smirking at us.

"What?" I asked, daring him to say what was on his mind. He simply smirked more.

"Nothing," Landon answered cheekily and I felt Ryan's body move while he chuckled beside me.

"Well then quit looking at me like that." Both guys fell into hysterics as I tried profusely not to start blushing. After a few minutes of full on belly laughter, the guys sobered up and brought up the topic I was afraid of.

"So, what are you guys going to do about Kirk?" Landon asked – straight to the point as always. Ryan stiffened up and immediately brought his hand back to rub at his neck; however, his phone signaled an incoming text message before he could say anything. He read the text out loud while shaking his head.

___

|Ryan Bradley > Alex – 11:09pm|

Received: About ten minutes ago Kirk came to the door.

___

"Well figure out what the hell happened!" Landon boomed from the couch and moved next to me for support as Ryan got up and started furiously texting Alex aloud while he paced around the room.

___

|Ryan Bradley > Alex – 11:13pm|

Sent: And...

Received: Dad answered the door and said he doesn't know who Becca is at all. He seemed like he believed it but was really skeptical I think.

Sent: Did he stay long or leave right away?

Received: He left right away but he kept trying to peer around dad and look inside the house while they were talking. He also asked if she was dating you but dad said he had no idea and he 'wished he could help out.' I didn't think dad could be a convincing liar but he was pretty good!

Sent: Sounds like it... that's good at least. Just drove away then?

Received: Yeah. Mom left to go shopping and drove around the block just to make sure but he wasn't around.

Sent: Okay thanks. Keep me updated.

Sent: I'll let you know what our plans are for tonight after I talk to Becca.

___

He finally stopped pacing and plopped down on the other side of me, leaning his head on top of my own.

"Well we're for sure going to stay here tonight yet... I can't miss any practices this week because of homecoming though and I doubt you'd want to be at the house, right Becs?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I think if somebody's there it wouldn't be a big deal..."

"I would let you stay with me Becca," Landon offered, "but my Mom's kind of been on the fritz lately. I don't want you to have to deal with that if she shows up."

"What about Kate?" Ryan asked. I think I know Kate well enough to stay at her house for a few days but you don't just invite yourself over to people's houses.

"Ryan, I'll be fine at your house if I'm not by myself... especially if your parents are upgrading the security system."

"But that isn't happening until Monday afternoon babe and might run into Tuesday afternoon. I'll text Kate and see what she thinks okay?"