Chapter 72

LANDON'S POV

We had ordered our burgers and fries and were just waiting for them to arrive when I started texting with everyone after getting permission from Kate to do so. Becca seemed busy with her phone, probably texting Bentley or Ryan, so she didn't try to look over my shoulder and potentially ruin my surprise.

The first to respond was Mason.

___

|Landon Hills > Mason – 4:19pm|

Sent: I was thinking it'd be good for Becca if we all crashed over at Kate's tonight. (Kate already gave me the okay to invite everyone.)

Received: I've been staying over at Kate's since her parents went out of town ;)

Sent: Of course you have...

Received: Haha. I'll be there. Any dinner plans or should I pick up a few pizzas?

Sent: Pizzas would be easiest. Grab soda too – Kate has like nothing good here.

Received: Don't I know it!

___

I normally don't dote on romance and things like that but those two are truly lucky to have each other. I chuckle to myself at their relationship and Becca shoots me an odd look. I shrug her off and go back to my phone to see that Ryan was next to reply – makes sense since Mason and he have the same practice schedules for football.

___

|Landon Hills > Ryan – 4:24pm|

Sent: I was thinking it'd be good for Becca if we all crashed over at Kate's tonight. (Kate already gave me the okay to invite everyone.)

Received: Yeah for sure. I was already thinking I might have done that anyways but I think everyone there might cheer her up a little bit.

Sent: She's in a bit of a better mood now than she was all day, but she's really worried about spending the night without you... specifically.

Received: She told you that?

Sent: Yeah. She told me about some of her nightmares too. She's worried about having one and you won't be around to calm her down or wake her up 'before it's too late.'

Received: What do you mean 'before it's too late'?

Sent: You should talk to her about her dreams Ryan. I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone and that includes you.

Received: Okay. I'll talk to her. Did you feed her? lol

Sent: Yeah, we grabbed some burgers but Mason's bringing over pizza too.

Received: Sounds good. I'll let her know too but I'll be over right after I pack some of her things up.

___

I didn't necessarily want to text Bentley myself, but thanks to Becca, her number was programmed into my phone and I knew it wouldn't be a complete surprise unless she came tonight too.

___

|Landon Hills > Bentley – 4:32pm|

Sent: I was thinking it'd be good for Becca if we all crashed over at Kate's tonight. (Kate already gave me the okay to invite everyone.)

Received: Okay. I think so too... she seemed pretty down in the dumps about everything today. How is she doing now?

___