Chapter 104

RYAN'S POV

I was still trying to comfort Becca when her body started violently shaking and her eyes rolled back in her head. Panic was strewn across my face and Kate came over to help.

"Just hold her head still Ryan. She'll be okay, the paramedics will be here soon," she reassured and soon enough, Becca stopped shaking and remained unconscious but was still breathing. "She's okay. I'm going to run outside and wait for them so they can find you guys." She disappeared with Mason on her tail and I turned my attention back to the sweet girl in my arms.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, this is all my fault," I cried to her even though she couldn't hear me. "You'll be okay baby – you have to be okay. I can't live without you Becs. I love you so much."

---

The paramedics arrived a few minutes later and shooed me away from my girl, insisting that I shouldn't be touching her. I gently set her head down on the hard floor and walked towards Alex who held me back when they wheeled her away on a stretcher.

"Wait!" I ripped my arm from his grasp and chased behind them. "Can I ride with her?"

"I'm sorry sir, we need the room. She's in critical condition. You can follow right behind and use the same entrance though," a friendly woman replied.

"Well, she just had a seizure a few minutes ago I think. That's when she went unconscious."

"Okay. Thank you for letting us know," she gave me a soft hug before climbing in behind my Becca. "We'll take good care of her okay? Keep right behind us all the way to the hospital."

"Okay." I quickly ran back towards Will – who was standing with Mike and Matt, explaining what had happened – and interrupted the three. "We have to follow her; they wouldn't let me ride along."

"I have my car," Mike said and started in that direction. Soon, the twins and I were flying behind the ambulance with the rest of our crew right behind in multiple cop cars. Landon's ambulance had left a few minutes before Becca's (I was probably the holdup) so Bentley, Kate, and Mason were in front of us a ways.

"So mom kept us in the loop but what the hell's been going on Ryan?" Matt questioned as soon as we were weaving through traffic. I was on the edge of my seat in worry over Becca and didn't particularly care to talk about it right now.

"It doesn't matter. Mike, just get us to the hospital," I barked while keeping my eyes trained on the racing emergency vehicle ahead of us. Matt seemed to be okay with my answer, for now, and we were soon pulling into the emergency department of the hospital in Olympia. "Call mom and dad for me," I yelled and raced to Becca's side. She was now awake and her eyes wide with fear.

"Ryan!" Her faint call had me gripping her hand as they wheeled her stretcher through the doors. "Ryan I'm scared." Tears streamed down her face but I gently wiped them away.

"You're okay beautiful. I'm here with you," I repeated over and over. The same paramedic that was nice enough to explain what was going on flashed me sympathetic eyes.

"I'm sorry Ryan but we have to take Becca back for surgery. You can't come any further and will have to sit in the waiting room," she said softly but I fought to hold on to Becca's hand for a few seconds longer.

"Can I talk to her? Just for two seconds?" I begged and she nodded. All the hospital staff surrounding my girl stayed in place but discreetly looked away to give us as much privacy as possible.

Now that Becca was in brighter light, I could see the injuries were much worse than I'd thought before. I wanted nothing more than to be with her as she went through this but I couldn't. She cried and clutched my hand; I knew there would be imprints from her fingernails.