Chapter 26: They say...

A/N- You can stop hating me now *wink wink*

They say that when you fall in love, it is the most compelling emotion you will experience in your lifetime. When you touch the person, your heart will race. When you kiss, time seems to stop and nothing else is important anymore. All of your problems temporarily forgotten.

I don't know if I felt that way before the amnesia, but right now laying awake in Gerard's arms while he is peacefully sleeping, I feel nothing. Well, technically I feel too warm but that's not what I meant at all.

However, when I saw Marilyn lying on the floor crying earlier. That made me feel something. I felt absolutely horrific as I walked away from the one person who evoked such powerful emotions in me.

He looked so...vulnerable and heartbroken.

And me? I felt like a monster for causing that.

Gently, I remove Gerard's tangled arms from my torso and sit up. Its 6am. Probably time for me to get up anyway. Hopefully I'll see Marilyn today because I need to speak to him. Help is what I need. Clarity.

Faces are unrecognisable now.

I'm beginning to think Gerard (as nice as he is) hasn't been telling me the whole truth about my life.

****************************************************************************************************

---At school---

Gerard was trying to persuade me to call him at the mere sight of Marilyn. I agreed but obviously I'm not going to do that.

I scan the yard where everyone is reluctantly waiting for the bell to ring.

To my dismay I see no sign of Marilyn, dreds dude, I do see though.

Running over to him, he seems thoroughly shocked to see me. I smile tightly at him.

"Hi...um...do you know where Marilyn is? I need to speak to him urgently" I rush in hope.

"Im twiggy and no" he replies bluntly making my spirit fall.

"Oh...well if you see him tell him...um...I really need to talk to him and...I'm um...sorry for making him upset"

"Will do"

With that dreds dude walks off. Ouch, cold. Well I deserve it really, making his best friend feel so horrific about himself. I really am a monster. The bell rings and I am pulled from the dark recesses of my mind ; walk towards my homeroom.

******************************************************************************************

'Please can Ebony report to Mrs Crompton's English room instead of homeroom today. Get your mark then make your way down. Thanks, Mrs Crompton' The messy note reads out in teachers scrawl.

I walk up to the homeroom teacher, ignoring the standard annoying wolf whistles from the horny teens which are sadly in my homeroom. She approves my note and marks me present as I leave the room and walk down the corridor which leads to the English department.

The classroom I was requested to go to is plunged in darkness. Confused, I twist the door knob and enter uneasily.

"Hello?"

"Mrs Crompton?"

The door slams shut behind me. Just as I am about to scream and hand covers my mouth.

"Don't scream" A familiar voice whispers in my ear, the minty breath of the person tickling the sensitive skin beneath my ear.

Then it dawns on me who the mystery guy is.

Marilyn.

The faint illumination ,from the lights in the corridor come through the glass pane in the door, light up his attractive face.

"Sorry for scaring you a bit there" He whispers rubbing the back of his neck.

Its at this point I realise how close we are, his chest and mine are pressed tightly together.

"I need to apolog..." he cuts me off by doing something I didn't expect.

His arms envelope me pulling me into a tight embrace against his lean body. His lips swoop down on mine, kissing me with a fierce passion I have never imagined possibly.

Slowly, I find myself kissing back before I am overwhelmed with a rush of memories washing me in a wave of emotions I can't handle. The last thing I remember before the world goes black, is passing out in Marilyn's strong arms where I felt safe.

Marilyn, the man I really love.

Not.Gerard.

That asshole gonna pay.

A/N

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FINALLY!!!