One

Louis grumbles to himself stepping inside his house closing the door behind him and locking it 'cause his mum always bugged him about robbers or some shit he barely heard because he was to busy watching a football match. He sighs tossing his bag next to the door and slips his shoes off, "Mum I'm home!"He hollered padding across the wooden floor to the kitchen to stop abruptly when seeing a little girl in his Mums lap that was giggling as she tickled her.

"Um...who's this?"Jay head snaps up and her eyes winded seeing her son. She could of swore he was going to be home in a few hours, she glanced back at the clock seeing it was exactly five o'clock; the time Louis said he would be getting home after his chemistry test. She must of been to caught up with Harry to realize.

She gulps, sitting a confused Harry in the chair next to her, "T-this is your cousin Harry."Jay always hated lying to her son but she didn't know how he would react to a new addition to the family. Especially one so sudden.

"Cousin?"Louis ask eyebrows furrowed in confusion. They didn't have much of a family connection who could of possibly bring his 'cousin' to their home? Most of his aunts he knew a few years back said they hated children.

Jay shifts in her chair not making eye contact, "Y-yes."

Louis huffs grabbing and apple from the fruit bowl on the counter. "It's not good lying to me mum."

"Oh Louis! Okay he's not your cousin. I found him at the store and he was crying! Then, he jut pouted saying he wanted a gum ball from the machine but everyone ignored him! He's so sweet-"

"Him?"Louis eyes widened by the way the boy was dressed he thought it was a girl not that he minded he just assumed.

"Yes him."His mother states,"He has no family lou! His mum left at the store a week or two ago said his dad would touch him and hit his mum so she had to get away but she never came back.."Jay looks at the little boy with nothing but sympathy and love.

"Mum! You just can't take children from a store you need to call the police track his mother down or something!"Louis shouts. His mum was insane! Taking a boy from the store because he claimed he didn't have family? What if the boy were lying?

"They won't do nothing Louis! They'll just put him in a orphanage. I'm sorry Louis but I am making this decision whether you like it or not. Harry will be staying with us till further notice."Jay stands up,"Now while I make dinner get to know him. You never know you may like him."She smiles and that's the happiest Louis had seen her in a while.

Recently his dad and sister Lottie left leaving them to fend for themselves, Louis was more of a momma's boy so he refused to move out with his father. Lottie went without a care because they're father spoiled her. Louis bit down on his bottom lip eyeing the small boy who fiddled with his fingers while looking at the floor, he just hoped his mum didn't get to attached and tried to replace him with Lottie.

"Fine."He mumbles under his breathe pulling out the chair across from Harry. Who looked up his breath hitching because Louis was very pretty."Hi Harry, i'm Louis"

"Y-you're p-pwetty."Harry blurts and Louis does a double take. "I Harry."The boy had to be around twelve at least.

"I k-know..."Louis cleared his throat taking in Harry's appearance, he had chubby cheeks, emerald eyes, a mop of curls and nice lip- never mind let's not look at harry. "How old are you?"

"T'his many."Harry holds up ten fingers then four quickly after giggling to himself cause he learned to count from a nice women in the park a few days ago. "Nice lady in park teach Harry!"

"O-Oh."Louis glances at his mom who seemed to busy making dinner to acknowledge the conversation. The conversation soon got awkward once Louis didn't know what to say anymore. He was only doing it for his mum, truthfully, he really didn't want the boy around.

"L-lou?"Harry calls out getting his attention. Louis looks at him, "A-are you Harry's brother now?"

Louis sighs, "I guess you can say that."

-

Edited.