Chapter 3

The dark figure laughed maliciously as it circled another figure. Both stood, silently assessing the other. Ricky, Sunny, and other unfamiliar faces lay in pools of blood. Unmoving.

The metallic smell filled the air.

Another figure stood at the side. A woman. Her hair, a tangled mess, blood dripped from her hands.

"Riri. Kill!" The malicious voice rasped. He cackled as the woman raised her arm out, making the other figure rise from the ground, choking sounds filled the air.

The woman held him there, relishing the pain she created. She closed her hand into a fist. The figure dangling in the air snapped and went limp. The malicious laughter, cackling in the air......

"No!" Belle woke with a start, clutching her racing heart.

She felt a hand clasp her shoulder and nearly screamed but the hand covered her mouth.

She relaxed when she met Ricky's familiar brown eyes and fell into his arms, steadying her breath.

"Nightmare?" Ricky asked as he rubbed her back.

"It's nothing serious." Belle said more to herself than to him.

Ricky knew Belle well enough to know that she wouldn't give him a straight answer. So, he offered whatever comfort he could.

Seeing Belle like this reminded him of the little girl who woke up in the middle of the night all those years ago. Screaming her lungs out, unable to pull herself out of her nightmare.

Ricky and his father would run to her rooms and try to get her to wake up. Then they'd stay with her until she was calm enough to go back to sleep.

Ricky would even sleepover in her room just so she could sleep more peacefully.

Hearing her scream earlier made Ricky bolt from his room, knowing she was having one of those dreams.

Now that she had relaxed her racing heart, she hugged him tightly before letting go.

"Thank you."

"You know I'd do anything for you." he said as he kissed the top of her head. "You're the closest thing I have to a real sibling."

Belle thought back on their early morning events. In the end, they gave in to Ace's suggestion and played a quick game of cards.

Belle and Sunny teamed up against Ricky and Ace, while HD sat on the side teasing and taunting the girls.

As the sun rose, the girls won the game. Then they finally decided to turn in and get some rest.

Belle noticed the sun was now getting ready to set. "Rick. Shouldn't you be getting ready? The sun is about to set."

Ricky stretched himself out and yawned lazily before tucking his hands behind his head.

"No. I think I'll stay in bed with you and sleep the night away."

Belle grinned. Ricky and Uncle Richard never missed the full moon activities. She knew he was joking.

"Really?"

"Nah, I'm kidding. I'd love to stay but I can't."

"And I thought you said you'd do anything for me." Belle teased as she lightly jabbed his side.

Ricky pulled Belle and rested her head on his shoulder. And they just stayed still, letting those few minutes slip by.

"Oh. Father said that you can sleep in for tonight and open tomorrow night. We don't have guests anyway."