Chapter 21

"Ricky, no!" Belle shouted.

Time seemed to slow down for that moment.

Ezryan and Ace were both running to Ricky. Cage sat up straight, anticipating the outcome. HD and Luke froze in their spot. Sunny was pulled out of her meditation, fear in her eyes. Rydien stood still, watching everything unfold.

Ricky's teeth were inches from snapping Sam's body. His jaws opened up, and clamped down on Sam's neck.

Belle felt something surge through her body. The fear she felt, making her stretch out her hand without thinking. A feeble attempt to stop Ricky.

"Stop!" She screamed.

Blackness clouded Belle's vision as Sam cried out in pain.

Then everything went silent.

=•=

Ezryan got up from the ground, his head pounding. He grunted as he straightened himself, adjusting his eyes to see his surroundings.

Ace was laying, unmoving on the grass beside him. Cage shook himself awake as he propped himself up his elbows. Ricky was back in his human from, hunched over on all fours, panting. Sam kneeling across from him, blood trickling down her neck.

Rydien was still standing, a frown on his face as he looked at a limp figure laying faced-down.

Ezryan paled as he recognized Belle's hair. Luke and HD were sprawled a little farther from where Belle laid.

He scrambled up on his feet and rushed to her side. Ezryan pulled Belle's head onto his lap as he checked for a pulse.

It was steady.

Ezryan relaxed.

She was knocked unconscious like everybody else had been. Well, everyone except for Rydien. Ezryan tried his best not to send a glare towards The Emora's direction.

Whatever he did, stopped Ricky from killing Sam, but he could have killed Belle. She was still healing from her near-death experience.

"She did it." Rydien voiced.

Ezryan nearly jumped out of his skin at the closeness of The Emora's voice. Ezryan turned to see Rydien standing beside him, a frown still gracing his face.

"What do you mean she did it? Did what?" Ezryan asked finding himself frowning too.

But as Rydien was frowning in deep concentration, Ezryan was frowning because he felt confused.

"She's the reason everyone's waking up, or about to wake up, in a daze. She's why everyone went unconscious."

Ezryan felt skeptical. There was no way Belle could have pulled that off. And with no training.

But then again, last night's events were a reminder of some of the things she was capable of.

"She used the technique I was going to use to break up the fight, but she went overboard, letting her emotions control her abilities." Rydien explained.

Ezryan looked down on Belle's face. He brushed away a strand of hair that found its way to her cheek.

Belle stirred against his touch, making him freeze as he waited for her to wake up. She stilled again and never made another move as minutes ticked by.

Rydien kneeled beside them.

"Give her to me. I want you guys to rest up, and wait until I return."

Ezryan fought the need to keep her against him. He reluctantly passed her over to The Emora who picked her up effortlessly and walked towards the cluster of tents.