Explanations

((Two chapters in one day!? Crazy I know, but I just felt that the last chapter was a bit too short, and this one turned out shorter as well. So, I figured two short chapters are as good as a long chapter :) Anyway enjoy the story, oh and be sure to wish Jack/Sean a Happy Birthday today! <3 ))

"And what if I turn you in for interrogation? You won't get a choice."

Mark retorts quietly, his somewhat calm demeanor from before replaced with a tense angry energy. This only makes the masked man chuckle again.

"Go ahead Mark, it takes a lot to make me talk."

He says with a simple shrug, before his masked head tilts slightly at Mark, as though challenging him, silently daring him to turn him in.

"Besides, even if I were to give in to the interrogation, they'd find Jack and throw him in jail. And we both know you don't want him in Jail, whether he's a criminal or not."

Mark says nothing though Cry was right, Jack may be a criminal but that doesn't mean Mark loved him any less, it didn't mean that he wanted the Irish man to rot in jail.

"Exactly."

Cry says simply sitting back boredly in his chair, clearly noticing Mark's dilemma.

"Alright fine... Can you tell me where he is...?"

Mark finally mutters, his deep voice defeated. Cry shakes his head, making Mark look at him confused.

"I would if I could Fischbach... But Sean gave me clear instructions."

Cry responds, sounding genuinely bad for the red haired man sat across from him, his voice leaking with pity. Mark raises an eyebrow disappointedly, silently asking the man to explain. Cry takes a minute, seeming to think about whether he could tell the man, before he finally speaks.

"Listen, Jack told me you might call, he had this entire thing planned out."

The masked man begins quietly, his monotone quickly returning and any pity having left his voice.

"He told me that if and when you called to explain his situation, to give you hints per say."

The man explains quietly to Mark, who listens intently, his brown eyes studying the masked man in front of him.

"So you're not going to tell me where he's at.... Great..."

Mark huffs pushing a hand through his red hair in a stressed manner. Cry nods, a hint of sympathy seeming to come off of the man as he speaks again.

"Sorry Mark, Jack forbade it.... Because he doesn't want you to get into trouble."

Cry clarifies as though expecting the question Mark would have asked next. Mark releases a soft sigh, his thoughts racing. Of course Jack didn't want him to get into trouble, though Mark had said multiple times that the Irish man could tell him anything, he clearly was still wary.

"I could've helped him..."

Mark mutters under his breath, not talking to Cry as much as he was to himself. Mark is pulled from his thoughts as a hand rests on his shoulder, the touch kind, and Cry showing genuine concern for the man, though they had just met.

"Listen Mark..."

Cry says quietly, his voice comforting in some way.

"You're a CIA agent, you're the good guy. Never committing a crime, only killing in self-defense, heck you barely have any speeding tickets."

Cry continues a small smile heard in his voice as he speaks.

"You getting involved in something this big, it'd ruin you... Sean doesn't want that."

The masked man finishes, giving Mark's shoulder a gentle squeeze, trying to comfort the red haired man in some way. Mark's thoughts race once again, keeping his mouth shut as he thought.

"We knew what we were getting into, we expected all of this... We expected to have to leave town."

Cry explains softly, a smile clear in his voice, as though he did enjoy the crime, the risks not mattering.

"What we didn't expect.... Is you."

Cry finishes, the tone of his voice making Mark finally look up at him, staring into the masked eyes, his brown ones saddened.

"But what is there to do... no one expects to fall in love..."

Cry sighs, his voice growing quieter, and his monotone slowly fading to show a bit of hurt. Mark looks at him, his brown eyes studying, curious. It sounded as though the man had fallen in love himself at some point, but based on the sadness in his voice, it sounded as though it didn't end well.

"Cry... have you... have you ever been in love?"

Mark questions after a minute of silence, genuinely curious about the masked man who stood in front of him. Cry quickly straightens himself, seeming to just realize the emotion he had showed. His hand drops from Mark's shoulder and he shakes his head.

"Not important. Listen I can't talk much longer, who knows if the cops are watching you."

Cry speaks in his monotone voice once again, any sign that he was sad not disappeared behind the mask he wore, concealing both his identity and his emotions.

"Right.... Can we meet again?"

Mark responds quietly, his brown eyes following the man's motions. Though he had just met this man, he felt a connection, and at the moment, this masked stranger was the closest thing he had to finding Jack. Cry nods ever so slightly.

"I'll contact you when I can Mark.... And remember, you never saw me. As far as the cops know I don't exist, got it?"

Cry states seriously, Mark feeling his eyes boring into him though they were hidden by a mask. Mark nods and smiles slightly.

"You've got my word Cry..."