On The Trail

Mark's eyes open slowly as a cars rumble can be heard from outside. He groans and rolls over, his tired, brown eyes meeting the sleeping face of the Irish man beside him, he smiles gently before hearing noises from outside once again, however now they were voices.

He sighs and quietly stands up, walking over to the window, still groggy. He still wore his blue jeans, having been too lazy to change before falling asleep, however his shirt laid sprawled across the floor from the night before, so the cold air against his bare skin made him shiver.

He pulls the curtain back slightly, it was still dark outside, though it had to be about 5am by now the sun having not risen yet. His eyes scan the dark lot, where a car had pulled up, a simple black one and a man stood talking to the owner of the old motel.

Mark narrows his eyes struggling to see before he makes out a familiar form, and a familiar man, with brown hair and green eyes which travelled across the premises. PJ handed the motel owner a small paper, most likely with a picture of the two men he hunted after.

"Shit."

Mark cusses under his breath releasing the curtain quickly. He shuffles back across the room, almost tripping in his hurried state. He grabs his black shirt and quickly pulls it over his bare skin before shaking the Irish man awake.

"Sean we've got to go."

Mark speaks quickly, the Irish man simply groaning in return as he rolls over onto his stomach.

"Five more minutes."

The green haired man murmurs into his pillow groggily, annoyance towards the black haired man clear in his tired voice.

"Sean, now."

Mark orders him, tugging the blankets away from the man, and finally getting him to sit up, rubbing his eyes with a yawn.

"Fine fine, I'm up I'm up...."

Jack finally mutters standing up and tiredly grabbing his small bag, not questioning the black haired man as he glances out the window once more.

~~~~~~~~Outside the Hotel ~~~~~~~~~

"I don't recognize the two... but maybe they've been over here...."

The older man states, scratching his chin as he examined the picture. PJ watching him impatiently, annoyed at the old man's though he tried to not show it.

"Well if you'd allow me, I'd like to search your rooms. I got a call about these two heading this way and your motel is the closest to this area."

PJ explains politely, taking the photo back. The owner nods with a small sigh.

"Sure sure... Only rooms 1-5 are occupied at the moment."

The man responds simply, his voice tired. PJ nods and walks in, on his way in he sees movement in one of the windows the curtain quickly being pulled back, and quickly replaced, the Brit narrows his eyes as he walks inside, deciding that would be the first room he checked, room number 5 it seemed.

He hesitates as he walks up to the door, knocking on it quietly at first, but louder once he got no answer.

"Police, please open up."

He finally calls through the door, finally simply hitting it open with his shoulder, the door giving way pretty quickly, and swinging open, hitting the wall as it swung back.