Broken

((Hey guys, i'm so sorry I didn't update yesterday, I felt like crap and basically slept all day. So i'm sorry, but i'm feeling better today so here is a chapter :) This chapter isn't super exciting, but more stuff is going to happen very soon. Thanks for understanding. Anyhow onto the chapter :) ))

The two men stare at each other, neither of them knowing what to say. Jack staring at Mark disbelieving, before a bit of anger enters his gaze.

"What are you doing here...?"

Jack finally asks, breaking the thick silence that had grown between both men. Mark sucks in a small breath, looking down for a few seconds before his brown eyes look up, meeting the ocean blue orbs of Jack.

"I'm going to get you out of here...."

Mark finally answers, his response making the Irish man's eyes widen slightly, before they turn into a glare.

"So now you care huh?"

Jack growls under his breath, earning a confused look from Mark.

"You leave me to rot here for so long, not even bothering to visit me anymore, and now you're going to help me?"

Jack continues angrily, having stood himself up from the small cot and taken a few steps forward, his blue eyes glaring daggers at the red haired man, who he now noticed wore the uniform of a guard, the cap covering his dyed red hair.

Mark narrows his eyes, still clearly confused as the Irish man nearly yells at him.

"I tried... They told me you weren't taking visitors."

Mark responds softly, his brown eyes examining the face of the man in front of him. The tired blue eyes, the deep circles under his eyes, and the sharp frown curved into his mouth.

"I thought you didn't want me to visit..."

Mark admits, taking a hesitant step forward and reaching out grabbing the green haired man's hand gently, Jack tenses slightly, but doesn't pull away, his blue eyes lowering as he thinks on the man's words.

"They never told me anyone wanted to visit me...."

The Irish man murmurs under his breath, finally realizing it made a lot more sense than Mark just leaving him to rot here. Mark gives his hand a gentle squeeze before his eyes finally travel down to his arms where many cuts, scars, and bruises remained, from the time he'd been here.

The red haired man's eyes widen as he see's them, reaching up and gently tracing some of the newer ones. Jack follows the man's gaze and quickly pulls his arm away, putting them behind his back, he'd forgotten about all of them, the pain having simply not bothered him anymore.

"Sean... Did you..."

Mark mutters softly, unable to finish his statement, though it was clear what he was asking. Jack keeps his gaze lowered, his soft blue eyes staring at the floor as his shoulders move up and down in a slight shrug.

"It doesn't matter...."

Jack murmurs quietly, his voice breaking slightly. Mark looks at him, worry clear in his chocolate brown eyes as he reaches over, grabbing the man's shoulder gently and leading him to the cot, sitting him down and sitting himself next to him. Jack had moved his arms from behind his back and instead placed them in his lap, fidgeting slightly as Mark's eyes roamed over the beaten arms.

"Why...?"

Mark asks softly, his brown eyes going up to look at the Irish man's face, silently pleading him to look up as well, though he doesn't, simply staring downward, his face unreadable.

"I..."

Jack begins, taking a small breath before continuing, hesitant to speak his thoughts.

"I thought you left me... I though you didn't care because i'm a criminal... You said it yourself...."

Jack continues quietly, his voice quivering slightly with each word.

"Why would such a great guy like you ever like some criminal scum like me... It just doesn't make sense..."

Jack finishes, his voice having grown almost inaudible. His hand had instinctively gone to his arm once again, scratching it roughly, leaving red marks, a few of them bleeding slightly, though he doesn't seem to notice, or care.

Mark watches him, his brown eyes saddened, guilty, pained.

"I-I'm sorry..."

Mark stutters softly, finally reaching out and grabbing Jack's hand to stop him from hurting himself anymore. As Mark looks at the Irish man who sat beside him, he realized how broken he truly was. Of course the man acted confident most of the time, acted like nothing bothered him, but it was all an act. Jack wasn't as confident as he acted, in fact he seemed truly insecure, truly vulnerable to criticisms. The man needed someone to lean on, needed someone to be there for him.

"You're not scum Sean.... You're much more than that."

Mark finally speaks again, gently squeezing the Irish mans hand, trying to give him some comfort.

"You're kind, you're funny, you're sweet. You're one of the best people I've met..."

Mark continues softly, smiling gently as he watches the Irish man, who had squeezed his hand back gently, afraid to let go, afraid to lose him.

"Sean I can't lie to you, you are a criminal... you've done some bad things...."

The red haired man continues, his voice growing quieter as his smile drops.

"But the man I fell in love with.... He's not a criminal. He's a great guy who I wouldn't give up for anything..."

Mark finishes, Jack squeezing his hand a bit more, cherishing the warmth from the man. As Mark watches the Irish man, he notices teardrops falling from his face, and hitting the floor beneath him, looking as though he wanted to speak, but unsure of what to say, and hesitant to look into Mark's gentle eyes.

Mark sucks in a small breath and reaches forward with his free hand grabbing the green haired man's chin gently, softly turning his head so he had no choice but to look Mark in the eye.

Mark smiles gently as he uses his thumb to wipe away the tears that continued to fall down the man's face, Jack leaning into his hand gently, lovingly.

"I love you Sean, and no matter what happens, I will always be here for you."

The red haired man adds softly, leaning forward slightly, Jack meets him halfway and their lips meet. Both men smiling slightly into the kiss as they finally feel each others warmth again. Their hands still intertwined, and Mark's other hand still gently pressed against the Irish man's face.

Their deep kiss lasts for what feels like an eternity before they finally pull away for air, Jack's tears had stopped and any sadness that had been encased in his eyes was replaced with pure joy, pure love. A small half smile curved onto his lips, making Mark smile as well.

"I love you too Mark..."