Chapter 2: Landon and The Beginning

The thing about Los Angeles is that the biggest recording studios are there and the biggest film studios are there too. So where else is better to meet up with your celebrity friends? Landon Robertson recently scored a huge film role in the new Star Wars series and due to his insanely good looks and not-bad acting, he quickly became one of the hottest faces in Hollywood. Camila met him in an award show, and we quickly became the best of friends.

"You know Camila, I'm a bit offended you're not coming." He said as he put his burger down to focus on her. She felt guilty, knowing how much hard work and effort he had put into the movie, only for his friend to miss the premiere.

"Landon, please. I'm already mad at Roger for not letting me come. I'm so sorry, I'll make it up to you, I promise." Camila gave him a weak smile of reassurance as she quickly pat his hand which was resting on the table.

"Okay, whatever Mila. How's the album? Next week, huh? You excited?" Upon hearing the word 'album', her lips formed a huge grin and she quickly became the happiest girl in the world.

"Landon, oh my God I'm ecstatic. But nervous as heck. What if they don't like it?"

"They, as in the fans?"

"Well, duh."

"Camila, honestly? You can sing twinkle twinkle little star and jingle bells for your album, sell it for a hundred bucks and your fans will still think you're the hottest, most talented, most amazing, sweetest girl in the world." She chuckled at his joke and nodded appreciatively.

"How long are you staying in LA?" She asked.

"Probably for a while, I'm working on that film with Chloe Moretz."

"Oh, right. I'm sure it'll be great. Oh and, I'm expecting you at the concert next week." She reminded. The concert was a small fundraising concert Roger decided to make because he thought that any free time possible should be made productive. Not that she minded, she loved singing, meeting her fans, and helping charity. There was really no loss. Of course, she didn't know fifth harmony was performing too.

"Of course Mil, I never break my promises, you know that." He winked playfully as he took another bite of his burger.

Camila looked at the fries in front of me, barely touching them. She wasn't in the mood to eat, she rarely was nowadays after her depression. Amongst everyone she had met over the year, Landon was the only one who stayed through all the ups and downs. She barely had anyone in the industry she could call friends, knowing that most of them chose the girls' side. There was Taylor, yes. But she had her whole gang of famous friends. Of course there was Troye, Serayah, Thomas (Diplo) and Shawn, but they were mostly friends with her because they had to be. But not Landon. He was getting more and more famous every day but he stayed humble and kind. The fans quickly shipped them, claiming that the way they looked at each other was enough chemistry to make a baby. But clearly, they were delusional. Clearly. They even continued shipping Camren. Which we all know was deader than ever. Camila barely even know how the girl was doing. She still cared, of course, but Lauren probably even forogot what Camila looked like.

They were once real though, although no one knew that.

They were sitting by the large window of the restaurant and paparazzis were starting to crowd in front of it, snapping their cameras as if their life depended on it. Well, sort of, it is what makes them money.

She hesitantly looked at Landon, who looked pissed. He hasn't adapt to all this fame thing and he hated having his whole life televised. He groaned in frustration, and Camila pat his hand once more to calm him down. Only to realize she fucked up, they're gonna think she was trying to hold his hand.

"We can move to the back." Camila suggested. She was used to hiding public affection due to her time when she was with Lauren.

"Nah, it's fine, they'll still be out there anyways. Let me just finish my burger, I'll be done in a second and then we can head out." He shrugged. Camila quickly nodded and finished what's left of her fries.

As they walked out, Landon opened the door for CAmila but quickly walked to his car as she followed behind closely. It's a tactic celebrities use. Separate themselves so that they're each surrounded by less people.

"Camila, can't wait for your album!"

"Camila, look here this way please!""

"Looking great guys!"

"How was the date?"

She saw Landon enter the car and rushed inside. She sat on the passenger seat beside him and he started the engine. After much yelling out the window, he managed to make the paparazzis leave them some space to drive.

"Fucking assholes." He muttered.

"You shouldn't let them get in your head, you'll get used to them eventually."

"Whatever, they're just, God- we can't even eat lunch in peace, Mil." He turned on the radio to lighten the mood and Camila was surprised to receive a call.

"Roger?"

"Camila, are you with Landon?"

"Yes, are you stalking me?"

"No, twitter. You guys are cute."

"What do you want Roger?"

"There's a Hollywood dinner tonight downtown, hosted by some rich billionaire-"

"Nope. I promised Sofi I'm staying in with her tonight."

"She can come as your plus one. And I talked to Landon's manager too." Roger knew how much she hated these celebrity appearances because they were just no use. Show off your dress and eat small portions of seafood on a fancy plate, okay what? Upon hearing Landon's name, she looked sideways to look at him. He raised his eyebrows in confusion and she put her phone on speaker.

"It's just a little dinner, Camila. Good for publicity. Damian, the host, is a young billionaire who is befriending celebrities. He thinks you're interesting and invited you for his birthday, how nice is that? Good reputation, c'mon, free dinner Camila."

"Okay, only if Landon says yes." She really didn't want to go, so she shook her head at Landon.

"No" She mouthed.

"Um-" Landon started.

"No." She repeated her actions and shook her head vigorously.

"Wait- Camila. One more thing, it's LA, so-" Roger paused for a second, "there's a chance that the girls might be there."

"Definitely nope." She replied.

"Mila, you were in the same room with them before, it's no big deal. Just avoid them at all costs. This dinner is a good opportunity for connection anyways. C'mon, you'll have fun!"

"Roger, since when do I have fun at parties?"

"True. But just give it a chance." Roger complained.

"Uh, Mila?" Landon called out, eyes distracted from the road as he held his phone in front of my face. His manager has texted him, insisting him on coming.

"Fine." She grumbled.